February 2011 Moms

Can allergies make you exhausted?

I think maybe I have allergies.  I thought it was just pregnancy congestion and coughing and such, and then I had a couple of friends talking about how bad their allergies are this week.  Exactly when my problems started.  It's worse in the morning and evening.  I read another post about this, so I know I'm not alone... but I'm wondering if allergies can make you tired?  The past 2 days, I'm feeling exhausted again, like earlier in my pregnancy.  Anybody else have tiredness with the other problems?  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can allergies make you exhausted?

• Yesss definitely can make you tired. Figure, any time your immune system is in overdrive trying to fight off an invader (or in the case of allergies, perceived invader), it takes energy out of you. To your immune system, fighting off ragweed or cat dander is no different than fighting off a virus. It can't tell the difference.

I have really bad allergy issues with a few select things, and it's definitely been worse this week. I think the ragweed is coming in. I noticed that my reaction to my parents' dog when I visited this weekend was stronger than normal too. The pregnancy congestion isn't helping things either, just adding on. I've had nosebleeds every morning for the past few days.

STM due Feb. 2017!
  • I have been dealing with allergies for the past two weeks. They definetely take a bunch out of me. I went to bed at nine last night, I was exhausted.

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Absolutely.  I get them bad in the fall/winter due to cedar and they really wipe me out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"