Attachment Parenting
Options

Snugli baby carrier?

Hi! I feel like I'm always asking you guys carrier questions.

There is a snugli baby carrier for 5 bucks on my local craigslist. I know they've been mentioned on here, but do not remember if they are good or bad. It just seems like for five bucks, if it is a decent carrier, I should buy it.

I already have two identical mei teis, a moby wrap, and a framed hiking pack for LO... none of which I've used yet. Darn c-section (and it's 100 degrees here today, so waaaaay to hot to start to practice... we'll try tomorrow).

Does anyone have one? I know that some carriers are bad for baby's legs/hips... is this a good carrier? 

Re: Snugli baby carrier?

• Options
    I think its pretty comparable to the Bjorn.
  • Options

imagenursecynthia:
    I think its pretty comparable to the Bjorn.

Ah, so not worth the money? I'll pass on it.

A ring sling just showed up on craigslist... I'm asking a few questions and really hoping it's a good one. I love the color and I'd love to own one! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually have a snuggli and a moby type wrap and I much prefer my snuggli.  My snuggli though has a support strap around the waist so most of the baby weight is on my hips.  If it were without the waist strap I probably wouldn't like it so much.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    Any carrier that dangles the baby by only supporting him/her between the legs (a "crotch dangle," LOL) isn't good for the baby's hips and spine. The Snugli, like the Bjorn, is a crotch-dangler. Good carriers like the Ergo, Beco, Moby, woven wraps, ring slings, etc. all emphasize supporting the baby's thighs and knees so the baby is seated on his/her bum with knees drawn upward, slightly higher than the bum. That's how you can tell if you have a good carrier. BTW, you can order a ring sling from www.sleepingbaby.net starting at around $30.
  • Options
    Someone gave us one and we hate it. It's very uncomfortable and hurts my DH back. Also like others said it is not the best bet for LO's body.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Options

Thanks! I didn't realize ring slings were so affordable. I'm definitely going to order one... and I think I'm going to ask for an ergo for Christmas.

Are four carriers too many? Lol 

• Options

I don't think a Snugli would add any value to the set of carriers you already have.  FWIW, I had to borrow one at a local state park to go in a cave and it was crazy uncomfortable (I think for both of us) though M was already 20+ lbs.  However, it sounds like you have a great group of carriers for a tiny babe (like the Moby) so I'd pass on the Snugli.  I don't think you'll miss it!

And no, on this board, 4 carriers is definitely not too many :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"