Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

What does this sound like?

About 2 weeks ago, E had a few days of loose stools.  No fever and otherwise completely normal.  We made sure he was hydrated and it went away on its own after about 4 days.  B got the same exact thing last week with the same symptoms (except he also developed really bad diaper rash from all of the pooping and changing).  It went away over the weekend and they both seemed fine.

Friday they each got their last prevnar shot at their 15 month well baby.  Yesterday I got a call from DC saying E had a 101.1 fever and I had to pick him up.  Again, having the loose stools, but otherwise fine.  He woke up around 2 am with a fever.  Gave tylenol, he went back to sleep and woke up fine.  He continues to have the loose stools though. 

What is going on?  A reaction to the shot?  The same GI bug that they both already had back again?  Something else?  He's completely fine otherwise.  He's eating normally, playing, not sleeping any more than usual.  Just lots of runny poops and a low grade fever every now and then that is controllable with tylenol.

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Re: What does this sound like?

• It sound like the shots have something to do with it. My son gets diarrhea and a low-grade fever after he gets them. I don't think it's anything to worry about. If it last for more than a day or two, I would consult with the pediatrician. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"