Trying to Get Pregnant

Group Read Along

So, I don't know how many of you did read along with The One I Want by Allison Winn Scotch, but if you did.  I reviewed the book last week on my blog and today I posted questions.  I am taking suggestions for September's Group Read until tomorrow morning when I will post a poll and announce the winner on Friday.

Just a heads up cuz I know a few people were interested but I don't know who actually read it or not!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Group Read Along

• That's cool, PFF! I might join you for the next one....although I tend to take FOREVER to read books. Currently reading The Tale of Edgar Sawtelle and only a little over halfway through. Have you read it?
    Whip mah hurr Pictures, Images and Photos

Trying to get sperminated since February 2010

Mar-May 2011: 3 Cycles IUI + Clomid = BFN Jan 2012: Injectables + TI = ?? image

My Cooking (and More) Blog
  • I have not read that one! I have heard about it, but never grabbed it.  Do you like it?

I am reading Songs for a Teenage Nomad and The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton.

• Loading the player...
  • imagepinkflipflops44:

I have not read that one! I have heard about it, but never grabbed it.  Do you like it?

I do like it so far! It's well-written and interesting. Not exactly a page-turner but good nonetheless.

Whip mah hurr Pictures, Images and Photos

Trying to get sperminated since February 2010

Mar-May 2011: 3 Cycles IUI + Clomid = BFN Jan 2012: Injectables + TI = ?? image

My Cooking (and More) Blog
  • imageSaucyRedhead:
    imagepinkflipflops44:

I have not read that one! I have heard about it, but never grabbed it.  Do you like it?

I do like it so far! It's well-written and interesting. Not exactly a page-turner but good nonetheless.

I read that Saucy (and finished it). It took FOREVER because while it was good I could never get into it. I read 4 other books in between reading that. I was pretty disappointed by the end of the book since it was so long. I feel like there is a lot of build up and then nothing. But I do know several other people who liked it.

• I think I may have to join in on the September one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecantalopes24:
    imageSaucyRedhead:
    imagepinkflipflops44:

I read that Saucy (and finished it). It took FOREVER because while it was good I could never get into it. I read 4 other books in between reading that. I was pretty disappointed by the end of the book since it was so long. I feel like there is a lot of build up and then nothing. But I do know several other people who liked it.

I read it and enjoyed it, but wish I had never read about how it was similar to a certain Shakespeare play because I felt like I spent the whole book waiting for things to happen.  Hope that at leats makes sense to those that have read it, and doesn't spoil it too much for those who haven't.

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would like to join for September. I'm always looking for something to read. I just started Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, in an effort to avoid my book clubs September book that I can't get into.

• imageah&gg08:
    I think I may have to join in on the September one.

I hope you do! I love talking books and my usual people have been flaking out lately so that makes me sad!

• imageBethanyJayne:

I would like to join for September. I'm always looking for something to read. I just started Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, in an effort to avoid my book clubs September book that I can't get into.

haha what book can't you get into? I own a copy of Water for Elephants and it does not interest me but so many people say that I need to read it so I keep holding on to it, in hopes that I eventually want to read it! I hope you do join us! You can go and suggest a book on my blog right now, I am going to put a poll up tomorrow where everywhere can then vote on other people's suggestions!

• imagepinkflipflops44:
    imageBethanyJayne:

I would like to join for September. I'm always looking for something to read. I just started Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, in an effort to avoid my book clubs September book that I can't get into.

haha what book can't you get into? I own a copy of Water for Elephants and it does not interest me but so many people say that I need to read it so I keep holding on to it, in hopes that I eventually want to read it! I hope you do join us! You can go and suggest a book on my blog right now, I am going to put a poll up tomorrow where everywhere can then vote on other people's suggestions!

I'm supposed to be reading Zora Neale Hurstons Their Eyes Were Watching God. It was written in the late 30's and I'm just having a difficult time with the dialouge. I've only read the first chapter, so I know that I haven't given it a fair chance.

I'm about three chapters into Water for Elephants, and so far I think its okay. Like you, I've had a lot of people tell me it is really good and I have to read it. Reminds me of the Outlander series, everybody keeps saying I absolutely have to read it, but I haven't been able to get more than 40 pages into the first book. It is now sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust.

• imageBethanyJayne:

I'm supposed to be reading Zora Neale Hurstons Their Eyes Were Watching God. It was written in the late 30's and I'm just having a difficult time with the dialouge. I've only read the first chapter, so I know that I haven't given it a fair chance.

I'm about three chapters into Water for Elephants, and so far I think its okay. Like you, I've had a lot of people tell me it is really good and I have to read it. Reminds me of the Outlander series, everybody keeps saying I absolutely have to read it, but I haven't been able to get more than 40 pages into the first book. It is now sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust.

Ah I really liked that book! We read it in one of my lit classes in college.  If you really can't get into it, I suggest the movie! (That is the one with Oprah right?) I know it came on tv a few years ago and it was interesting. I think it is definitely a book that helps if you discuss it! I have also been told to read the Outlander series.  Have not yet.

• I've got a lot of traveling coming up in Sept, so I might be game! I'm going to add your blog to my blogroll :)
  • imagepinkflipflops44:
    imageBethanyJayne:

I read Water for Elephants on the trip to OBX for my wedding last summer. It wasn't exactly uplifting wedding material, lol. But I thought it was a cool book.

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." ~storypeople.com   

My Blog - Taking You Home

• I'd like to join too. I have been reading "the girl with a dragon tattoo" and taking forever until my DH rented a movie last weekend...So I need something else to read now. I am not going back now that I know how it ends.
    TTGP since 09/09, BFP 10/6/10 Our little Bean was born on 06/16/2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepinkflipflops44:

imageBethanyJayne:

Ah I really liked that book! We read it in one of my lit classes in college.  If you really can't get into it, I suggest the movie! (That is the one with Oprah right?) I know it came on tv a few years ago and it was interesting. I think it is definitely a book that helps if you discuss it! I have also been told to read the Outlander series.  Have not yet.

I think she produced or was involved in the movie somehow. I know Halle Berry plays the lead. I suggested a book and signed up to following your blog.

• imagemissAntebellum:
    I'd like to join too. I have been reading "the girl with a dragon tattoo" and taking forever until my DH rented a movie last weekend...So I need something else to read now. I am not going back now that I know how it ends.

aww. i love that series though the first book is hard to get into.  you really should read the girl who played with fire. AMAZING.

• I'd love to join in for September!  
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageah&gg08:
    I think I may have to join in on the September one.

Ditto! 

I hope my Kindle gets here sooner than later.  I am currently reading 2 books Perfection & Nomad....apparently I am going through a one word title phase Smile

<3 Tons of love and hugs to Ricola & Baby Alex <3 <br> MySweetBaboo, IRL friend, always rooting for Baboo #2, love ya girl!<3 <br> 7.7.11 BFP | 3.19.12 EDD | 3.14.12 Baby Girl's BDay
    | Purse Blog |
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagepinkflipflops44:

imagemissAntebellum:
    I'd like to join too. I have been reading "the girl with a dragon tattoo" and taking forever until my DH rented a movie last weekend...So I need something else to read now. I am not going back now that I know how it ends.

aww. i love that series though the first book is hard to get into.  you really should read the girl who played with fire. AMAZING.

Yeah, I just wasn't in the mood for the scandinavian gloominess, YKWIM and perhaps that's why I never finished it. I may take your advice and check out the girl who played with fire then. This is the story of Lisbeth right?

Btw, read your blog and am totally in for Sept if that is okay? 

TTGP since 09/09, BFP 10/6/10 Our little Bean was born on 06/16/2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemissAntebellum:
    imagepinkflipflops44:

imagemissAntebellum:

Yeah, I just wasn't in the mood for the scandinavian gloominess, YKWIM and perhaps that's why I never finished it. I may take your advice and check out the girl who played with fire then. This is the story of Lisbeth right?

it is the story of lisbeth and it is very fascinating! i welcome you and punky to join! i love talking about books. cuz i are a nerd! ;)

• imagepinkflipflops44:
    imagemissAntebellum:
    imagepinkflipflops44:

imagemissAntebellum:

it is the story of lisbeth and it is very fascinating! i welcome you and punky to join! i love talking about books. cuz i are a nerd! ;)

Yay for a fellow nerd! I will be checking out your blog to see what we are reading then!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"