Two Under 2
Options

Repeat c-sections

Our little man was born a week ago today! Despite many positive thoughts and prayers we ended up with another c-section. One of my many concerns with this was recovery and not being able to lift my daughter. Those of you who had repeat csections or even 1st time sections how long did you wait before lifting DC #1 and resuming normal household type duties. And was it long enough to truly recover? Thanks in advance!

Re: Repeat c-sections

• Options

My kids are 21 months apart. I couldn't really lift my son for the first week-2 weeks. I would usually just have him climb up on the couch and I could *hold* him that way and we could snuggle. For household duties I was getting better at things around 3-4 weeks.

I think everyone is different and you just have to listen to your body. Let yourself heal:) 

Congratulations on your LO:)

Photos taken by Becky Thompson
  • Options
    I didn't lift or move DS until 2 weeks and then I didn't do more than just lift him into his highchair or crib until 3 weeks.  He begged and begged for me to just hold him ("UP mama"), but it was worth it.  3-4 weeks pp I was feeling pretty good. 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started to lift my DS a little before 2 weeks.  Just little things like in and out of the car, crib, high chair, etc.  I started to really hold him around 3 weeks.  I probably would have been fine lifting him a little earlier but I wanted to be safe.  I heal pretty easily so I say it all depends on how quick your body bounces back.
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations!!

My doctor told me I couldn't lift DS1 for 6 weeks, I laughed at her.  It was too painful for me to lift him until 2wks pp.  After that I began lifting him onto the couch and into/out of his crib but nothing more.  It wasn't long after that before I was able to resume more normal activities.

DH was home for the first two weeks and that was the time I had the hardest time lifting DS.  I was thankful the pain eased up by the time DH went back to work.

GL! 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"