Special Needs

20 week u/s 1 brain ventricle high side normal fluid

Hi,  I went for my 20 week anatomy scan yesterday.  I am 36 (37 next month, its our first).  Both feet appeared clubbed and one ventricle of the brain had a high-side of normal fluid (9.0).  Has anyone had any experience with this?  We went ahead and had an amnio.  Just looking for information from anyone with experience.  TIA.

Re: 20 week u/s 1 brain ventricle high side normal fluid

• I do not have any experience with this. I know it is hard, but try not to worry further about the "what-ifs" until you have more information. Worrying is just wasted energy right now. Good luck with the amnio and any follow-up scans that you have.
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Hi,

My 20 week scan also showed enlarged ventricles (mild ventriculomegaly), which was confirmed on a fetal MRI.  The hard part is, it could be something or it could be nothing (unless the amnio can tell you something?)  Also, boys tend to have larger ventricles.  Have you seen a perinatologist?

• Loading the player...
  • My DS had 2 dilated ventricles (up to 13 mm at one point), and they listed several things that it could be, one of them being an infection that I had been exposed to.  By the end of the pregnancy they were back to normal.  I never had an amnio, but it would have given me peace of mind for sure.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"