Alabama Babies

NBR: Just for fun

When looking for/looked for your house you wanted to stay in a while, not your starter home, what kind of things do you want/look for in it? 

We are in the process of looking for the house that we want to be in a while, so I thought it might be fun to see what everyone likes in a house :)  

Re: NBR: Just for fun

• I've got some specifics I want, and I also have some would be nice's:

When it comes to the bones of the house I must like the layout...it needs to flow very well for our needs.  You can't really change layouts so if I don't like it then I'll cross the house off pretty fast.  

Ideally we want 3 bedrooms and a bonus room, but we'd be okay with 4 bedrooms and turning one into a playroom.  I'd also like a separate study, but if it didn't have it we could do (that is technically more of a want for Wes lol).

On the must have list:

A separate dining room..I don't currently have one and I want one so bad.

plenty of storage space

in a good school district

an actual laundry room...currently I have a laundry closet and it is right near all the bedrooms and so when Aubrey is napping it's kind of hard to run the washer/dryer.  I also want to have the space to put a "mud area" in there.  

A flat lot...we live on a hill right now and according to Wes it is a pain in the tail to mow.  

Double vanities in the master bath...I think this is a key to a happy marriage lol :)  

• I'm like you I have to love the layout....

This time around I want all the bedrooms on one side of the house. I want 3 bedrooms.

I want a foyer.

I want at least 9 foot ceilings in the living room and kitchen. I would love vaulted ceilings in the living room.

I want a fenced in back yard.

I'd like a separate dining but that's something I could give a little on if I found a great house.

I want a pantry. I want more storage in the kitchen.

I want a bigger laundry room with cabinets or storage shelves.

I want a glamor tub with a separate shower in the master bath. I agree with you again double vanities..it makes for a happy marriage.

I'm not asking for much, am I?? I think this is it...but I may have left something out....lol

Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • All bedrooms, including the master, on the top level.

A laundry room on the top level as well - becasue that's where we and the things that need laundering are. :) Spacious, w/ cabinets, counter, and room for ironing. (But I can compromise w/ a fold down ironing board).

Finished basement w/ plently of entertaining space, then of course cars and storage

A nice spacious office (not a converted bedroom). I'd like it to have shelving and be comfortable since I work full time from home and I'm also trying to grow my separate business.

Dining room

Spacious kitchen w/ plenty of cabinets and opens up to the family room/den

A real pantry, walk in, instead of the closet I have

Linen closet. I currently use what was designated as the pantry

Decent back yard but not too big

And lets not forget most importante - the master closet! I need room for all my shoes. :)  On my top 3 list "extras", I want to get custom work from California closets (or similar company).  DH uses the closet in my office (3rd bedroom). I'd like for us to reunite in a space that works for both of us.

This was fun. I will say just one more thing.  My dream bedroom would only have a bed and night stands and a sitting area. I wouldn't get a dresser or armoire or anything that houses clothes and/or accessories.  I'd want a dressing room (where everything I needed to get dressed and ready to go was there). It'd be between the bedroom and the bathroom.  And I'd never have a reason for clothes to be on the floor, bed, or anything in the bedroom. 

Now somebody wake me up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"