Indiana Babies

Low Hemoglobin?

Anyone have low levels during their 3rd trimester?  I just got back from my 30 week appt and while I passed my glucose test with flying colors.  They are concerned with my hemoglobin as it has dropped significantly since the beginning of my pregnancy.

I'm scared to google so I thought I'd ask here first.

Deleted

Re: Low Hemoglobin?

• Mine dropped quite a bit as well. I ended up needing to take an iron supplement.
  • Is Low Hemoglobin the same as low iron?  Because if so, that's me.  Did they tell you take Slow FE?  I am the poster child for eating iron rich foods too.  I think it's pretty normal for the third tri.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been trying to mow down on the iron rich foods and have been taking an iron supplement for the past 6 weeks.  My numbers were 8.7 and she wants me to be at least at 10 by D-day.  I'm not sure I can take much more iron....Ick!
    Deleted
  • imageblondbomber23:
    Mine dropped quite a bit as well. I ended up needing to take an iron supplement.

Ditto this for me too.  I bet you need an iron supplement.  They're not too bad!

• imagesarahann1941:
    I've been trying to mow down on the iron rich foods and have been taking an iron supplement for the past 6 weeks.  My numbers were 8.7 and she wants me to be at least at 10 by D-day.  I'm not sure I can take much more iron....Ick!

Mine was 8.0.
    They didn't recheck it until my water broke at 38 wks. I don't remember how much iron I took, but I know I took Slow FE.

• Also, keep in mind that vitamin C increases iron absorption and calcium decreases iron absorption. So, maybe drink a little 100% fruit juice with your iron-rich foods and avoid the milk with those foods.
  • Mine went from 12 (not sure when they took that number-the beginning I assume) to 11.7 during my 1 hour glucose test.  The nurse told me to increase my iron rich foods.  I have a hard time with that, so I asked my doc if it was ok if I take a supplement instead.  She said it was fine.  I have yet to go actually buy the pills though.  I need to-I bet I would have more energy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"