Trouble TTC

new TLC show Quints by Surprise

Did anyone see this last night? My hubs and I were watching it and in the first episode it talks about how they did IUI to have their first daughter and then a few years later did IUI again.

My DH turns to me and says, "Huh, I totally get why we are going to IVF now!"

He was totally on board with whatever I decided, but I guess seeing a family with 5 babies really drilled it home!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: new TLC show Quints by Surprise

• I like this show better than Kate plus 8 and Raising Sextuplets because the parents are actually tolerable (and pretty cute) as a couple. I can't beleive they did IUI and had 5! I like all the girl names they picked out, super cute! I watch these shows and wonder how these women/couples do it.

P.S did you notice how flat her tummy was?  Not possible after quints.

• Oh yah. I'm glad MH wasn't around when I was watching it lol

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Loading the player...
  • I try and avoid shows that show IUI/IVF leads to 5 births...DH would freak out unnecessarily and I would have to calm him down :)
  • imagecbubbles2:

I like this show better than Kate plus 8 and Raising Sextuplets because the parents are actually tolerable (and pretty cute) as a couple. I can't beleive they did IUI and had 5! I like all the girl names they picked out, super cute! I watch these shows and wonder how these women/couples do it.

P.S did you notice how flat her tummy was?  Not possible after quints.

Yeah i wish there was just a plus 8 show since I can't stand Kate! and I bet Casey had some work done. i kept looking at her boobs which looked pretty big for such a tiny lady!

• I'm glad we did not watch.  My DH is terrified of multiples. 

I am doing IUI and have a blocked left tube so we are not counting any follies on that side.  He has convinced himself that my tube will magically unblock and we will end up with multiples.

• Yes both DH and I watched this last night.  DH almost had a heart attack when he realized they conceived the quints through IUI which we are in our second cycle of.  He was like OMG is that possible.  I had to reassure him it was very unlikely being I only had one Follie.  DH was also impresses she was in a bikini after 5 babies. I think they are a super cute family and I will keep watching. 

I do watch Kate plus 8 (I am and always have been a big Kate supporter) so I will continue watching that as well. 

There is also another show on Oxygen or Lifetime or Bravo (I forget) with a family with multiples I have caught a couple of episodes of but the husband gets on my nerves.

TTC since 4/2009 IUI 1-5 all BFN IVF 1 BFP!!!!!! TWINS... Lost our boys at 16 weeks 6 days Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers http://pinterest.com/gigglegurls/pins/
  • imagegigglegurls10:

Yes both DH and I watched this last night.  DH almost had a heart attack when he realized they conceived the quints through IUI which we are in our second cycle of.  He was like OMG is that possible.  I had to reassure him it was very unlikely being I only had one Follie.  DH was also impresses she was in a bikini after 5 babies. I think they are a super cute family and I will keep watching. 

I do watch Kate plus 8 (I am and always have been a big Kate supporter) so I will continue watching that as well. 

There is also another show on Oxygen or Lifetime or Bravo (I forget) with a family with multiples I have caught a couple of episodes of but the husband gets on my nerves.

Raising Sextuplets? That dad is a HUGE d-bag! He's almost as bad as Jon from jon& kate plus 8.

• Yes Casey from Quints by surprise did have a tummy tuck. This show has been on for awhile but was on a long hiatus. I think I used to watch it on discovery health. I really don't have any idea how they do it!

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• My tv is always turned to TLC.  I actually liked this show.  My favorite part was how helpful Ethan was.  He even rode his bike to follow the older daughter to school.  Too cute.

• I really liked this show.  It's definitely better than Kate plus 8 and Raising Sextuplets.  Are all of the babies fraternal?  I know there are 4 girls and one boy. 
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know this is why DH are on the fence about another IUI.  It is much more likely to have HOM with injections and IUI than IVF.  Oh man, I just can't even imagine have that many babies at one time.

Making room for multiples is my favorite though.  Usually they only have twins or trips so I don't get as much anxiety.  Smile

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • imagecbubbles2:
    imagegigglegurls10:

Yes both DH and I watched this last night.  DH almost had a heart attack when he realized they conceived the quints through IUI which we are in our second cycle of.  He was like OMG is that possible.  I had to reassure him it was very unlikely being I only had one Follie.  DH was also impresses she was in a bikini after 5 babies. I think they are a super cute family and I will keep watching. 

Raising Sextuplets? That dad is a HUGE d-bag! He's almost as bad as Jon from jon& kate plus 8.

yes, sorry I couldnt think of the name before.  See now I wonder if the Dad from Raising Sextuplets will get worse as time goes on because when the gosselin sextuplets were as young as the raising sextuplets kids Jon wasn't as bad as the raising sextuplets dad. Either way I dislike them both!

TTC since 4/2009 IUI 1-5 all BFN IVF 1 BFP!!!!!! TWINS... Lost our boys at 16 weeks 6 days Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers http://pinterest.com/gigglegurls/pins/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"