LGBT Parenting

TTT

one, two, three, GO!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: TTT

• 1. My best friend finally got a finalization date for the adoption of her foster kids. I am so excited for her!

2. This also means a long weekend trip out to Michigan next month - yay!

3. My MIL hooked Annie on Barney. Now Annie stands by the TV and asks for him. I would rather chop my arm off than watch him.

4. I am starving today and need to go grocery shopping. I think if I went to the store would come home with all sorts of impulse things.... guess I will wait til tomorrow to shop.

5. Carol's birthday is Saturday and I have no idea what to get her.

6. The weekend we are now going to Michigan was supposed to be filled with some of our favorite fall traditions.The animal rescue our dog came from has a big fair we always go to on that saturday, and we were going to the celtic classic in PA on Sunday... now that is out. As excited as I am for my friend I kind of wish it was a different weekend.

7. I still am having trouble finding a halloween costume for Annie.

8. I should be cleaning my living room but I am playing online instead.

9. I can't wait to go home for Christmas. I don't like only seeing my family once a year.

10. Time to go figure out something for lunch for Little Miss.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. I can't believe it is only Tuesday.

2. We went to "meet the teacher" night at the kids' new school last night. I still don't understand how I am old enough to be the parent of a kid who goes to school (nevermind I am closer to 40 than 30.)

3. I think we all are going to love the new school. So much more organized than the last one - and the 3 teachers seem great.

4.  One of my co-workers called me this morning and asked to have lunch - that she has some "interesting" information that involves me. I am so curious/worried.

5.  Coming back to work after being off a week stinks. Too much to do. No motivation to do it.

6.  I am hoping this loud, obnoxious, whining, smart-alec, back-talking is a short lived phase. I am not a fan.

7.  On the agenda this afternoon: paperwork.

8. I am bummed the summer is over. Longer days, swimming, easy/quick to put on shoes (Crocs), grilling, etc. Ahhhh. But I am looking forward to cooler weather.

9. I just met a 34 year old grandmother. Holy hell. I could be the grandmother of a child going to school.

10. Off to call my co-worker about lunch and find out what kind of stuff I am entangled in.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecymru:

6. The weekend we are now going to Michigan was supposed to be filled with some of our favorite fall traditions.The animal rescue our dog came from has a big fair we always go to on that saturday, and we were going to the celtic classic in PA on Sunday... now that is out. As excited as I am for my friend I kind of wish it was a different weekend.

I am so excited for the Celtic Classic!! I always look it up and reserve the weekend at the beginning of summer. I'm bummed for you that you can't go. And also bummed because it would have been fun to be wondering around and go, "hey, that's looks like Annie and her mommies!"  Stick out tongue

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • 1. I don't like Bank of America online banking, their numbers are always off and when you think you have  $500 you really have $40 (due to their miscalculation).  I want to change banks.

2. Due to said miscalculation by the bank we now have to put our inspection off until there is more money to build the water heater enclosure.

3. I am going to start selling cake slices and cupcakes at the clinics I used to sell at, it's like starting over at square one with my business.

4. I'm stressed out.

5. DD keeps me sane most of the time.

6. Being a SAHM makes me feel like I'm not contributing enough to my family but we can't afford daycare if I started working again.  We also can't afford for me to stay home when my unemployment runs out.

7. All of the above posts are self pitying whines, lets move on...

8. I need to plant the beets and cauliflower soon.

9. I am making a luau themed cake for a birthday this weekend, the bottom tier has a grass skirt. :oD

10. I hope it doesn't continue to get hotter this week, the cooler weather has been nice.

1. Trav is home with Gwen this whole week (minus yesterday, when I was home) since her daycare is closed. I'm hoping that it is a great experience for them both, and they have some fun days together.
    2. Driving away in the morning was so hard. I'm used to them leaving a 1/2 hour before me in the mornings... its so much harder to be the one leaving.  Sad  Not a fan.
    3. After reading cymru's TTT I am so dang excited (all over again) for the Celtic Classic. 3.5 weeks!!
    4. Also in just over 3 weeks... the beginning of Autumn. Man I can't wait, it is my absolute favorite time of year. It's silly, but I'm absolutely bouncing in my seat just thinking about it!!
    5. There are lots of fun things coming up this month and next: a wedding for a good friend, the aforementioned Celtic Classic, an apple festival and pumpkin festival at a local orchard, my MIL is coming in for a long weekend, etc.
    6. Also, October 13th will be our 10 year anniversary. I can't believe its been so long already! 
    7. Just for fun, I signed up for ancestry.com last week to do some searching around (free-trial). I already traced two of my relatives back to Wales (Pembrokeshire and Aberdare) and one back to Ireland (Donegal). I love my celtic roots.
    8. Gwen tried carrots for the first time last night... and we got the best reaction to anything we've tried so far. I think she might be a fan.
    9. Our photographer just got Gwen's 6 month shots online, they are here and the password is our last name in all lowercase (I think most of you know it, but PM me if you don't). 
    10. Time for me to get some lunch together... mangia!

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

1. We got some really bad news late last week. Our beloved dog has cancer. We're doing chemo drugs for a week in the hopes that the tumor gets small enough to remove surgically.
    2. It's so, so difficult to know when to say when. The drugs are causing some bad side effects and I feel so guilty about that.
    3. But it also makes me guilty to have to consider the financial impacts of our decisions.
    4. Sometimes I hate being an adult. Too many hard decisions to have to make.
    5. We're flying to my hometown for a baby shower this weekend.
    6. I really want to be excited, but truthfully I just wish we didn't have to leave the dog.
    7. I'm a depressed mess today if you couldn't already tell. I've already closed my office door 3x to cry.
    8. I'm actually thinking of packing up and calling it a day soon. DW is home and I want to be there too.
    9. I'm going to end this on a positive note. *Pulling on my big girl, positive panties*
    10. We started putting the baby's room together on Saturday and it's coming together so well. It makes me happy to peak in and think about the little person who will be living in that room within the next few months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1) sorry to hear about your dog. the animals of the LGBT board have had a very bad run lately :(

2) our shower is finally going to get updated this week.  unfortunately it comes with a big price tag.

3) while the plumber is here thursday, i'm going to take the opportunity to do a deep clean of the house.  closets, basement, everything.  its time to clean and purge and organize! cant wait!

4) i think we found the perfect place to hold Rosebud's bday party.  the best thing about it is that its free.

5) back to work!

1. I got home a little while ago...changed DS's diaper and then DD's, I turned around to put DD down next to DS and there was the worst stench...YES, DS poopied BIG TIME! (I should own stock in Pampers.)
    2. Both kiddos are fighting their sleep as I type; not a full cry, but some strong whimpering is going on.
    3. Though not as good as C, I managed getting the kids in and out of the van better than most times.
    4. There is a Subway outside of my doctor's office, so I thought I would pick up a sandwich. I tell you what, so many people stepped around me instead of asking if they could hold the door...I had the double snap-n-go.
    5. I am supposed to return to work full-time next week and after the incident with DD a nanny is totally not an option, i.e. 4 days to find a daycare.
    6. The kiddos have been crying a lot since DD was discharged, I think they miss C and I constantly being together. If there was one thing we have noticed is the kids like to be around both of us.
    7. DD just launched her pacifier in the air and it landed 5 feet away from her.
    8. My oldest daughter's unit is on the move somewhere...I hope it will be safer than where she currently is.
    9. C and I need to go grocery shopping; breakfast bars and PBJs are not cutting it any longer. (Oh yeah, Taco Bell too.)
    10. Tonight is Fantasy Football draft night. We will have two teams, one for us and one for the kiddos. Any earnings their team may win will go in their savings.

• 1. I have NO IDEA what the Celtic Classic is.

2. We just bought a new computer. Its awesome. It has not, however, motivated me to work on my dissertation.

3. I need to workout more.

4. And maybe actually follow the WW I pay for.

5. I am increasingly worried I won't have a new job before we have a baby.

6. Beta is in a week and I am antsy.

7. Really antsy.

8. We moved the dresser we painted (from a garage sale) to our extra bedroom/my closet. This room was suppossed to be for a baby and that kind of bums me out. It looks cute though.

9. I might buy Ikea toddler sheets for the bed to stage it next time we list the house.

10. I want a cookie.

1. I miss my kids and my wife. I wish we could both be SAHMs.
    2. I spilled almost 2 oz of breast milk this morning. That's 20% of my daily output. And it spilled into my pumping bag.
    3. I am having a crappy day at work. My 11:30 am pump session was pushed all the way to 3 pm so my boss could yell at me. Fun.
    4. Some days I wonder if I really should have taken this latest promotion.
    5. I can tell my mood by what I hear my pump saying to me as it cycles. It's swearing at me today.
    6. I just realized I am supposed to be at a meeting in one minute. Guess that means I'm done pumping. :(
    7. TTFN!
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • 1. I really think N2A is the long lost twin of a friend of mine. Her posts read exactly like my friend - it cracks me up.

2. TFW - I'm sorry about your dog and sincerely hope the chemo will help.

3. I poked my eye with my mascara wand while driving to work (yes, I know, I know) and it's hurt all day.

4. My co-worker's computer is making a noise that everyone else can hear but me.  Maybe I need to have my ears checked.

5. There are three new kids in JB's daycare and one of the other mother's is BFing too.  I'm happy to have someone else there that isn't sending bottles with their child (not b/c I judge forumla feeders, but because I spend 2 hours of my work day in daycare and it will be nice having another mom to chat with).

6. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever have enough time to put away my laundry after it is washed and folded.

7.  How many places have you lived in the past 28 years? My wife - 24+ (we have to list them all for the adoption paperwork)

8. My stapler is blue.

9. Time to go pick up my child...

10.  Yup, daycare just called...the child is screaming.

• 1.  My dog got out Thursday am and was hit by a car.  He was killed.  It looked like he went instantly.

2.  I found him in the street the person didn't even stop.

3.  I am heartbroken

4.  He would have been 12 in October.  I had him since he was a puppy.

5.  E's only word at the time was didi (her name for darwin)

6.  I miss my best friend

7.  I can't stop crying

8.  I want to move because every time I walk out of my house I picture him dead in the road.

9.  I am sad

10 I am so very sad

• imageTwo*True:

7.  How many places have you lived in the past 28 years? My wife - 24+ (we have to list them all for the adoption paperwork)

WOW. I've lived in 8 places in that time frame. 

• imagethiswillbe:

I can tell my mood by what I hear my pump saying to me as it cycles. It's swearing at me today.

I used to think I was crazy from some of the things I thought my pump was saying to me. Glad it wasn't just me.

• imagessg73:

1.  My dog got out Thursday am and was hit by a car.  He was killed.  It looked like he went instantly.

Oh god Ssg, I'm so sorry. That is my worst nightmare. I'm truly truly sorry. 

• Sam - there really aren't any words.  I know I expressed it on FB, but I'm so sorry Darwin isn't here with you anymore.  My childhood dog was hit by a car and it still haunts me.  I hope your memories of Darwin will help you heal quickly.  ((Hugs))
  • OMG, SSG, I am so sorry! My heart is breaking for you! That is so awful. I know there's not really anything we can do, but please know you are surrounded by lots of love and ((hugs)).
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • imagessg73:

1.  My dog got out Thursday am and was hit by a car.  He was killed.  It looked like he went instantly.

3.  I am heartbroken

I am so so sorry!  

• ssg....

I am so so sorry for your loss. Big hugs coming your way

• ssg, I can't imagine what you all are going through. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Darwin. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts.
  • ssg, I'm so sorry. That is so heartbreaking to think about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"