Pregnant after IF

my butt hurts

it's just so, so, so sore from PIO. It hurts all day long - when I sit, when I walk, when I lay down at night. I can't sleep on my right side anymore because of the large lump on my butt/thigh.

I know that many of you lovely ladies have had to or are still enduring the same pain. just wanted to commiserate.

BUT, I'll gladly endure this pain if it means a sticky baby. It just makes that first goal of 12 weeks all that sweeter if I get to put down the needles for good at that point. :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: my butt hurts

• What kind of PIO are you doing?  I took progesterone in ethyl oleate b/c it was supposed to hurt less, but that stuff burned me like crazy and made me really sore.  PISesameOil didn't hurt me nearly so much, but i know it bothers some. Can you try switching oil?  Do you have a system to avoid hitting the same spot over and over?
  • I'm so sorry girl. I told you on your blog, but I wanted to say CONGRAAAAAATS again!! So happy to see you over here & love the ticker. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel you hon. (Actually it's my butt that feels you.) DH and I used to count down the shots every night. It was a little celebration when we got to the last one.

Do you put heat on the area after you do the shot? That really helped to cut down on the soreness for me. 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I use ethyl oleate because it's thinner than the olive oil which I used last time. It does burn though. the other night was particularly bad.

I didn't have a great experience with the olive oil though. it was so thick that it made my thighs so sore and numb - I actually never fully recovered from the 7 weeks of use during my last pregnancy before getting pg again. so even though the E.O. burns, it's actually better than the olive oil. maybe I could try sesame oil...

MH does try to move in a circle around the upper outer quadrant of each cheek in order to minimize hitting the same area too often. But i'm just so bruised at this point that I'm running out of room!

sorry, that was long. :-)

• imagejds0521:
    I'm so sorry girl. I told you on your blog, but I wanted to say CONGRAAAAAATS again!! So happy to see you over here & love the ticker. :)

thank you so much! you are so sweet. I've been meaning to give you a big thank you for being a cheerleader on there!

• I'm there with you. And it's just getting worse.  :(  But counting down the days!!!
    Diagnosis - MIF - FUIF!
    #1 12R, 7M, 5F - 2- 3dt BFN - 1 totsicle became our DD.
    TTC#2 since 1/12
    IVF #2 - 10R, 6M, 5F - 1 5dt of a morula= BFN none to freeze.
    IVF #3 (blegh) Long Lupron Protocol
    ER 8/23 12R, 7M, 2F - 2 beautiful 3d 8/26
    +HPT 9/3 beta #1 9/10= 78.5 #2 9/12 = 136 #3 9/14 319 #4 9/17 890 #5 9/21 2119
    Little B is where he needs to be. HB 9/24. no HB 10/3. Missed m/c @ 8w. D&C 10/5 :(
    IVF #4 - Antagonist Protocol
    ER - 17R, 14M, 9F - 1 beautiful blast 12/13 (Our anniversary), 3 more FROZEN!! WOO HOO!
    +HPT 12/17 beta #1 12/27 = 1654 (um hells to the yeah), beta #2 12/31 = 6994, 1st u/s= 1/8 (fingers firmly crossed) = HB 125. You rock little one.
    Please, Please Stick. Mommy, Daddy and Big Sis love you so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Our Totsicle is getting so big!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • UGH...I feel your pain!!  My shots ended in June and my butt is still very sensative.  Not to mention, my DH hit a nerve which caused me to loose feeling in my upper hip...I still can't feel anything there!  But like you said, it's all worth it for a sticky baby!
    Gunnar is my IVF miracle...after 4 years of TTC...Two cycles of IVF...Our little dude blessed us with his birth...I thank God everyday for him. Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Uh! I hear you! My DH smacked my bottom this morning to be funny, and it was not funny at all. Ouch!
  • i know, it's awful. =(  but it will be so worth it for your healthy LO! =)
  • I think it gets better after the first couple weeks of injections. I'm just happy every time I get a PIO injection that its not going in my stomach. Stimming hurt so much more than PIO. 
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"