Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

*Sigh* (A vent)

Yesterday was awful! I picked Tegan up from daycare and her diaper was so full (only pee) that she'd started to leak onto her clothes! I looked at her daily info sheet and she'd only been changed twice between 7 AM and 4 PM! It said her last diaper change had been at 12:57, but I'm not sure whether or not that's true since her diaper was really full for it having been only 3 hours. Then I'm trying to hurry home (yes, I know, bad Abi!) and I got pulled over for doing 70 in a 55! I got a speeding ticket, but fortunately I think I'll be able to do defensive driving.

Well, I get home (remember in a hurry, had a meeting in 1.5 hours) and I walk into a house that smells strongly of dog poo. We crate our dogs during the day and I guess one of them had a stomach issue and there was dog poop all over the crate, the walls, the rug under the crate and the carpet!! It was AWFUL!! Plus, DH wasn't home and I'm not able to move the crate by myself. Ugh! I called one of our good couple friends and they came over to help me move the crate and then they entertained Tegan while I did a preliminary cleaning. I have AMAZING friends! I made it to my meeting on time, but when I got home I spent 2+ hours cleaning the walls, carpet, etc.

I'm exhausted today, don't want to be at work and worried about whether or not Tegan's getting adequate attention at daycare. So, there it is, thanks for listening!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: *Sigh* (A vent)

• Options

What an awful day! Hopefully today is better for you.

I would definitely talk to your daycare when you pick her up today. There is no excuse for that!

Oh, and I hope you get to do defensive driving for your ticket. My DH is the King of speeding tickets (ARGH) so I know how much it sucks to have it affect your insurance rates!

• Options

Oh no...what a day!!  Sorry you had such a crummy day.

You should really say something to the DCP today when you pick Tegan up.  I would not be ok with Leighton sitting around in a diaper so wet that it was leaking when you picked her up...that is not acceptable.

Let me know how it goes!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would be concerned about how many times she was changed as well. I'm sorry you had a bad day. :(

[color=#FF0000]Mom to 5 girls 23,22,18,9,7 and one sweet Wonderboy almost 4[/color]
    The Chaos of Six!
  • Options
    imageQue_Syrah:

Oh, and I hope you get to do defensive driving for your ticket. My DH is the King of speeding tickets (ARGH) so I know how much it sucks to have it affect your insurance rates!

Ha Ha!  My DH is also the King of speeding tickets...I couldn't even tell you how many he has had...makes me soo mad!!

• Options

I'm concerned about a couple things with the daycare, but the issue is that it's run by the school district where I work. They operate on a limited budget and are restricted on how many people they can hire to work at the daycare. There are always two teachers in Tegan's room, with 8 babies, but they constantly make the comment that they are overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done and that's why things don't always happen on time. She had the same teachers last year (different classroom, same teachers) and I didn't have a single concern about her care all year. This year is different. I'd really like to move her to a new daycare, but I have to find one that wouldn't cost much more per month and would be willing to only have Tegan 3 days a week on a rotating schedule (it's not the same three days every week). UGH!

• Options

Oh my gosh, I would definitely speak to the daycare today about her diapers.  Even if they changed her more often today, I would bring it up.  

And I've been there with the dog poop...that kind of stuff always seems to happen on the days you want/need to just come home and collapse too!

Hopefully today is better. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That is a TERRIBLE day. So sorry. I've definitely experienced the dog poop thing as well. Right now, there's dog vomit on one our rugs right inside the door, and DH said he was going to take care of it. That was 3 days ago. Indifferent

Yeah, something's got to be done about that daycare situation. That is ridiculous.

Hope you have a much better day today. Maybe the students will take it easy on you.

• Options
    imageAbinormal:

I'm concerned about a couple things with the daycare, but the issue is that it's run by the school district where I work. They operate on a limited budget and are restricted on how many people they can hire to work at the daycare. There are always two teachers in Tegan's room, with 8 babies, but they constantly make the comment that they are overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done and that's why things don't always happen on time. She had the same teachers last year (different classroom, same teachers) and I didn't have a single concern about her care all year. This year is different. I'd really like to move her to a new daycare, but I have to find one that wouldn't cost much more per month and would be willing to only have Tegan 3 days a week on a rotating schedule (it's not the same three days every week). UGH!

I was going to ask about this!  That's awesome that they let you do that. When I was pregnant with my DD and figuring out what I was going to do, I couldn't even find an in home daycare that would allow this.  Or should I say, only allow me to pay for the time I needed her there.I could have only brought her in 3 days a week but I would have had to pay for 5.  Luckily I was able to go part time and work the opposite schedule of my DH and now I just stay home.  

I imagine it would be difficult to find what you're looking for. Good luck! 

• Options
    imageShell24:
    imageAbinormal:

I was going to ask about this!  That's awesome that they let you do that. When I was pregnant with my DD and figuring out what I was going to do, I couldn't even find an in home daycare that would allow this.  Or should I say, only allow me to pay for the time I needed her there.I could have only brought her in 3 days a week but I would have had to pay for 5.  Luckily I was able to go part time and work the opposite schedule of my DH and now I just stay home.  

I imagine it would be difficult to find what you're looking for. Good luck! 

Yeah, it's next to impossible to find and the only reason they are doing it is because I work for the school district. I'm ok with the care that she receives most days (nothing will be as good as me), but there have been a couple days this year, where I'm just disappointed with the daycare. We're hoping that DH might get the captain position with his shift, if he does then we'll be able to afford full time daycare (she'll have to go full time because he'll be on call, even on his days off) and we'll switch to a different daycare. Here's to hoping!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"