Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Anyone else have a baby who doesn't want to be spoon fed?

Now that my guy has gotten the hang of finger foods he hates jarred baby food and hates being spoon fed.  I guess he'll be eating what we eat from here on out.  The only thing I can get him to accept some of the time from me is yogurt because he loves it SO much. 

Re: Anyone else have a baby who doesn't want to be spoon fed?

• Options

DS would never eat purees. I could get maybe 2 or 3 bites out of him. Once DH got him to eat a whole ounce!

I finally stopped the purees because I didn't want mealtime to turn into a traumatic experience. As it turns out, he loves to eat...just not from a spoon. He LOVES feeding himself finger foods!

• Options
    imageQue_Syrah:

DS would never eat purees. I could get maybe 2 or 3 bites out of him. Once DH got him to eat a whole ounce!

I finally stopped the purees because I didn't want mealtime to turn into a traumatic experience. As it turns out, he loves to eat...just not from a spoon. He LOVES feeding himself finger foods!

All of this goes for us too.  He never would eat more than a bite of purees, so we went straight to finger foods at 6ish months.  He eats like no one's business now!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemilkyway:
    imageQue_Syrah:

All of this goes for us too.  He never would eat more than a bite of purees, so we went straight to finger foods at 6ish months.  He eats like no one's business now!

Same here!  Just went to pedi yesterday for 6 month check-up and explained the above.  We've been giving steamed veggies and mashed real fruit for a few weeks now as DD will NOT eat purees or stage 2s from a spoon, period.  She seems to love to chew - possibly because it feels good with the teething going on...?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"