Pregnant after IF
Options

Strangest symptom for me yet...

And before anyone says... DH is already really worried, because this is 2 nights in a row, so I promised him I would call when the office opens, even though I have an appointment tomorrow.

starting Sunday night, I'm getting severe headaches when I stand up from laying down. No dizziness, just nausea. No vision changes. They're at the very top of my head. A stabbing/aching headache. It goes away slightly if I lay back down, but if I get up again, it comes right back. Monday morning, when I first noticed it, it lasted about 2 hours. But I had gotten up and started moving around and it went away eventually. This time, I actually slept for 4 hours (it's a miracle) and got up to pee and I thought I was dying, the headache was so bad. It got better when I laid back down but didn't go away completely, and now I'm downstairs on the sofa, sipping on Ginger ale for the nausea, hoping the headache goes away soon.

has anyone had anything like this? I'm used togetting lightheaded when I stand from laying, but I've never had anything like this before. This is unlike any headache I've ever had.

ETA: oh, and baby was very active yesterday and I only had a few BH... So I'm not worried about him, just me.
Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
The Dandelion Archive
"If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Strangest symptom for me yet...

• Options
    No advice, but I hope that the doctor is able to give you some answers and that you feel better
  • Options

No advice, but I'm glad you're calling! Did you take your BP? The only time I've heard headaches being really bad in PG are high BP (I'm sure there are more, that's just the only one I've heard of)  Weren't you the one that had the pelvic pressure?  When I was at the MFMs office yesterday, they had a list of PTL symptoms in the bathroom and one of them was pelvic pressure.  I thought of you and was hoping you had an appt ASAP, just to be sure.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageschoolsoutbride:

No advice, but I'm glad you're calling! Did you take your BP? The only time I've heard headaches being really bad in PG are high BP (I'm sure there are more, that's just the only one I've heard of)  Weren't you the one that had the pelvic pressure?  When I was at the MFMs office yesterday, they had a list of PTL symptoms in the bathroom and one of them was pelvic pressure.  I thought of you and was hoping you had an appt ASAP, just to be sure.

Honestly - it's crazy that I didn't take my BP. I have a cuff right next to my bed, because of the issues I had a few months ago. It just hurt so much, it was all I could do to put my hand on my head to keep it from exploding.  I was trying to not make any noise, but I guess I did, b/c DH woke up and came over to me. I just laid back down to make it go away.

I did have the pelvic pressure (still do actually), but my OB says it's from the baby's position right now (he's REALLY low) and as of 2 weeks ago, I had no cervical changes, so we're good on the PTL point, thank goodness. Thanks for thinking of me though.

I'm just sitting here now - i don't want to lay back down because the headache comes back anytime I sit up from laying down - and i'm waiting for the office to start answering their phones (they're there at 8:30, but dont' start answering until 9). 

Thanks again.

The Dandelion Archive

• Options

I haven't had this happen to me, but it sounds like it's not too fun :(

I hope the doctor has some answers! 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    Well I'm glad your cervix is good.  I'll be thinking good BP juju for you. Hope they can give you something for the pain! (When I was PG w/ O, they actually gave me a vicodin Rx for migraines.  Fortunately mine got better with PG and I didn't need it. They said, though, that narcotics are actually relatively tested in PG b/c they've used them for so long.  They don't seem to have any bad effects on the baby.)
  • Options

It's not a normal headache - so I don't want to medicate it like it is. i think it's more important to figure out why it's happening like it is.

My normal headaches are usually well managed by a little bit of caffeine and a cold washcloth. 

My BP was about 120/70 - which isn't too bad, but I normally run around 90/50, so it IS a little high for me. I talked to my nurse, and I'm waiting for her to call me back after she talks to Dr L.

Thanks again.

The Dandelion Archive

• Options

That was how my headaches were from the start until about week 17. They hurt so bad sometimes I wanted to cry. They were particular bad when I would get up in the middle of the night to use the loo. Again, my doc wasny concerned. She said that headaches were normal even the ones I had as long as I didnt have the associated bluriing vision and high BP.

I hope that your doc has a better (well any) solution and that you start feeling better soon. Head pain can be super scary.

TTC (Seriously) from May 2009 IF DX: ? 1st RE appointment- September 2009 Oct 09: Clomid Ovidrel = BFN Nov 09: Clomid Ovidrel Endometrin = BFN Dec 09: Follicular Cysts, BCP to shrink Jan 2010-IUI #1: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin Accupuncture=BFN Feb 2010- Break March 2010- IUI #2: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin= BFN April 2010- IUI #3: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin= BFN Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"