Multiples
Options

Quints by Surprise

Just watched the new show on TLC.  I suddenly have a new appreciation for my TWO!

I couldn't imagine have 3 more of my two.  I was surprised how calm and easy going the mom was.  I'd be going insane with 5!

They said that the quints added an extra $50K to their annual budget.  Wow is all I can say!  I thought my two were expensive.

I also have a ton more respect for MoM's of higher order multiples.

Anyone else watch?

Re: Quints by Surprise

• Options
    I haven't seen it, but it sounds interesting. And yeah, the show Raising Sextuplets put my challenges in perspective, too! ;)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    I watched it, and yeah, she did seem super calm!! I feel like some of those numbers were a little exaggerated though. They said they change up to 50 diapers a day?! That's 10 a day for each 17 month old. That can't be right! Mine go through 5-6 a day.

But, yes, the show totally puts things in perspective!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mom to Megan(5), Bridget(4), Tessa and Annie (2) and Mary (brand new)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just watched it as well......interesting.  Makes my two look easy!!
  • Options
    i'm not a huge fan of that family, but yeah, in general, i am glad my egg didn't split AGAIN. :)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    Ia m with Peakay, i am not a fan of this family.  They had a special on TLC several months back when the babies were younger.  The husband was VERY negative about the babies and how they changed their life.  Their attitude changed completely in last nights episode.  To be honest i watch it b/c i wanted to remind myself...things could be more crazy:) So i will stick to my trips and DD :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageSLM05:
      They had a special on TLC several months back when the babies were younger.  The husband was VERY negative about the babies and how they changed their life.  Their attitude changed completely in last nights episode. 

I saw that too a while ago.  He was very negative and I didn't like it. 

I dvr'd it so I haven't watched the new series yet.  I watch raising sextuplets and they make having triplets look easy.  It gives me a new perspective because I can't IMAGINE having double triplets:)

• Options
    i just can't watch it... knowing what TLC did to the Gosslin family - I don't want to support the destruction of any more families of multiples.... I really think people are sad to go on a show like that knowing that most families get totally screwed up being on TV that way --- they must be so desperate for money (or fame) to do that.
  • Options
    imageGoldie_Locks_5:
    i just can't watch it... knowing what TLC did to the Gosslin family - I don't want to support the destruction of any more families of multiples.... I really think people are sad to go on a show like that knowing that most families get totally screwed up being on TV that way --- they must be so desperate for money (or fame) to do that.
    This
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageGoldie_Locks_5:

This

Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I havent seen it yet. I agree with the others that the Dad was VERY negative about their babies. He also seemed like an ass. He wasnt working b/c he started his own business and it flopped. Instead of getting another job he was using all their savings. He just seemed so apathetic about the family and the kids. Though, now I guess they are being paid to be on TV instead.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with other PP's. This family annoys me. I felt like the DH sat around and moped about not having a job instead of getting out there and GETTING a job. 
  • Options

I didn't watch it because of their stupid promo.  If I saw their older sister say "Bring home the babies!" one more time, I seriously was going to throw the remote through the tv.  (Mind you, I just got off bedrest after being on it nearly two weeks, so I was watching a lot of TLC during that time.)

But I agree with pp about how reality tv destroys a family.  I don't want to participate in that. 

TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!
  • Options

I watched the special back when it was first aired but I'm not watching the series.  I think a lot of times it is a show for the camera, not the way real life is.  I have a hard time with 4 I couldn't imagine 5!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Visit our blog at www.benandkarisjourneytoparenthood.blogspot.com
  • Options
    My DH used to work with Ethan (the dad) so we are watching it. I don't know them so I'm not really trying to defend them. However, some of the comments here about him being unwilling to get a job kind of hit home. I would bet my right arm that it is not that he WON'T get a job. It is that he CAN'T. I know this because we spent 18 months in the same freaking boat. The residential construction economy is nearly at a standstill here. There are no jobs in Austin in homebuilding...zero jobs. When jobs do come open the competition is fierce and it's not people like Monte and Ethan who get them. They have too much experience, their salary history is too high, and employers are unwilling to take a chance on hiring them regardless of how many promises they make that they won't run after higher money as soon as the market does turn. It's the guys right out of college who get the jobs. You are left to weigh whether you should take a temp job that you know will not pay the bills or support your family or remain unemployed so you have the time to interview for jobs that would support your family if you could just find one. My DH also started his own construction company in order to just pay the basic necessities for us and keep us in our house. It's not that their businesses flopped. It is that our economy does not support their industry at all anymore. Monte has now taken a job 2 hours away from us that is over a 50% paycut from what he made before the recession. We almost never see him. They said on the show last night that Ethan had gone through an MBA program because he had to find a new career track. We totally understand that. My DH has a BA in agriculture economics and his only experience is in homebuilding. We have had countless conversations brainstorming any other career track he might possibly be able to take. Sorry, I know no one was talking about my DH but it just kind of felt like it given that we have been in their same situation with job and finances in the last year, but with only half the kids! It's easier to understand when you know the whole history and harder when you are just watching the limited viewpoint of a tv show.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options

Hi Kim777- I am sorry that you guys have gone through so much stress regarding the economy, job martket, etc.

My husband and I watched the first special and some of the show that just aired and we totally could feel that family's stress.  I think it is easy for an outsider to not clearly see what they are going through and think he just looks like a jerk (and he may be - who knows!)  But we noticed the real estate and job market looked very depressed and they were running out of options.  I was happy to see that they were celebrating his MBA.

I worry about the families that do these shows b/c we have all seen how it breaks them up but I am very guilty for watching them (but I also watch Rachel Zoe so clearly I will watch all "reality" tv)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"