Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Nursing moms - cravings??

I always heard your body gets food cravings during pregnancy, so I was expecting that. I got lots of cravings, but they were all "normal" foods. For the first 3-4 months of my pregnancy I could NOT keep down anything strawberry. Real or artificial, even powdered nesquik mixed with milk. (The milk would stay down, the strawberry would come back up). Strange! Then, I started CRAVING strawberry jam on toast. I ate it almost every day!

Now, I've been nursing 3 months, and have been craving peanut butter and strawberry jelly. It's so bad sometimes I just take alternating bites out of the jars... I have a pb&j sandwich everyday. The weird thing is- I have HATED peanut butter since I was in middle school! Now I can't get enough, but only ever with strawberry jelly.

And, get this, my Mom did the same thing when she was nursing my oldest brother, her first child. 

Anyone else have a "nursing craving"??

Re: Nursing moms - cravings??

• Options

Carbs. 

Wait...I can't blame that on nursing.  Not that I can think of but I am always hungry. Always. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options
    Im so glad you posted this!  I have cravings all the time!  I eat more and crave more now than when I was pregnant. Ugh its sad!  I crave ice cream and cake daily and all kinds of horrible carbs.  If I didn't have a IUD I would think I was pregnant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like I am starving all the time now!  I had no cravings while pregnant, but now...now I crave everything!  especially....pizza and cake!
  • Options
    Ice cream lots and lots of ice cream. I eat it almost every day. I hated ice cream while I was pregnant.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I do. I eat peanut butter everyday. I can't help myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep no cravings while pregnant.  Now an uncontrollable urge to eat peanut M&M's all. the. time.  Def. not helping me lose the baby belly.  Interesting that a few of you mentioned peanuts, or peanut butter.  A friend of mine also said she craved peanuts while nursing.
  • Options

I think I could eat a full meal every 3 hours.  I don't crave anything specifically but I want to eat everything in the house 24/7.

Who ever said breast feeding will help you loose weight is a liar!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"