Northern California Babies

Induction ?? for Kaiser patients

I have an appt on Wed when my OB said we'd schedule an induction date. While I was really hoping to avoid one, I don't want to go past 41 weeks, and because of the holiday weekend I'll probably schedule it earlier.

How does it work with Kaiser? Does my OB just send a message to the hospital? Will I need to call and make sure there is room? This is all so foreign to me! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Induction ?? for Kaiser patients

• My OB put in the request/reservation but it was just a reservation for a time to call and see if they had room for me.
  • Why don't you want to go passed 41 weeks? 

Usually you set the date, then call in the morning to make sure they have room.

Just some food for thought about inducing early - Make sure your OB thinks your cervix, baby position, etc. is ripe enough for whatever date you set.  The higher your "Bishop Score" (you can google it) the more successful an induction will be.  The lower it is, the higher the likelihood of ending in a c-section.

• Loading the player...
  • Are you going to get a NST if you hit 40 weeks or is it just induce regardless based on the date?

I had an induction (not at Kaiser) after a bad NST/biophysical profile.  In retrospect my bishop score would have sucked and indicated it was unlikely to work.  And it didn't.  But I was 38 weeks even not bordering 40. Going past 40 made me scared like silly and I had no intention of doing it but we had known issues.  Without them I'm not sure how I'd feel. 

Hope you don't have to find out and that he comes on his own ASAP.

• imageCelyn:

Why don't you want to go passed 41 weeks? 

Usually you set the date, then call in the morning to make sure they have room.

Just some food for thought about inducing early - Make sure your OB thinks your cervix, baby position, etc. is ripe enough for whatever date you set.  The higher your "Bishop Score" (you can google it) the more successful an induction will be.  The lower it is, the higher the likelihood of ending in a c-section.

I watched way too many "High Risk Delivery" shows when I was on bedrest with DD and have a fear of bad things happening when you're overdue. It's not rational, but I can't shake it. 

According to the Bishop score, I'm an 11. But I've been an 11 for weeks now and haven't even had one instance of timeable contractions. Le sigh. My OB isn't in any hurry to induce, and she did offer to strip my membranes last week if I wanted but I declined. Who knows what I'll end up doing for sure. I really don't want an induction, ideally I'd like my water to break around 7am, have him by the afternoon, and go home in the morning. Doesn't seem like that much to ask. Big Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you're already an 11, go have acupuncture :)
  • My OB just called the hospital during our appointment, and they put me on the books.

Good luck!

• imagedanandkelly:

My OB just called the hospital during our appointment, and they put me on the books.

Good luck!

Ditto. I had to call the morning of to make sure they had room. And since I already had one false L&D trip they had all my paperwork and birth plan ready to go.

I'd definitely be open to trying accupuncture at your stage. I was 3.5 cm and 80% for awhile but was having contractions (just nothing that intense). But FTR, I walked in at 4cm and 100% effaced and my induction was relatively smooth and seamless.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"