Attachment Parenting
Options

S/O stroller free

I see from a lot of the posts below that you guys wear at restaurants.  I find it super annoying.  What carriers/positions do you use?  DS hates being in a wrap if we aren't moving and if he's asleep I always drop food on him.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/O stroller free

• Options

That's why I like the Ergo because I jut put the sleep hood on, lol.  Because of my diet restrictions we don't go out to eat :(  

But usually DH and I take turns eating while the other holds DS. 

• Options

If he's sleeping and in the Beco we put the hood up.

Otherwise we usually take turns holding him while the other eats.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagerandalin:

If he's sleeping and in the Beco we put the hood up.

Otherwise we usually take turns holding him while the other eats.

Yeah but, even with the hood on, how do you sit in the booth? I never tried BWing at restaurants for this reason. Do you ever drop food on the baby's head? 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    I usually just put DD in a hip carry, and I had to quit ordering soups.
  • Options

When dd was tiny I dropped food on her head all the time!  Most stuff would just brush off, but pad thai is sticky- I had to wash her hair after thatStick out tongue

Not now, this was back when she was tiny- she was just konk out immediately when worn, and I could go out for long leisurely lunches was she snoozed for hours.  Ahh, those were the days... I wore her in my k'tan in the hug hold or in the ergo.

• Options

I'm just gonna chime in that although I've worn him pretty much since birth, DS never conked out in a carrier to the point that I could eat an entire meal at a restaurant without interruption. He was fussy in the evenings and never has been a great sleeper/napper, so we just didn't go out. The only way we could even sit down to a meal at home was for me to wear him in a sling and nurse while eating. So that's where BW came in handy, and even then, yes, he got food on his head (LOL), and he wouldn't nurse long enough for a dinner out. 

I think it must depend on the temperament of the baby.

• Options

We rarely drive (always take the train) and DD will not sit quietly in her car seat so I wear her 99% of the time (we do not own a stroller). I usually put her in the FCC carry and hope she falls asleep on the walk/ride to where we are going!

I have dropped food on her a few times (but I try not to order anything that will be too hard! Soups are out!) but it brushes off :)   If she is awake & fussy then DH and I take turns a lot!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When she was really little, she laid on my lap.  I'd toss a napkin over her to keep her from getting food on her.  When she was old enough to sit supported, she sat up leaning against me.  I'd set a napkin on top of her head.  (Sometimes DH and I took turns, but she was kind of a one-person baby for while.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"