Pregnant after 35
Options

Clubbed feet & high side of normal brain fluid

Hi,

I went for my 20 week anatomy scan today.  It appeared that both feet were clubbed and one ventricle of the brain had the high side of normal amount of fluid.  We went ahead and had an amnio.  Anyone else had any experience with this?  TIA 

Re: Clubbed feet & high side of normal brain fluid

• Options
    I don't but I will be thinking good thoughts for you.  the amnio isnt so bad
  • Options
    No experience, but you and your baby are in my thoughts.
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm wishing you the best and hoping your LO is healthy.

My BIL was born with clubbed feet.  He is OK now.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    No experience with either.  T&P w/ you and LO.  You may find parents going through treatment for this if you post on the Special Needs board.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I didn't have an amnio but pretty much all of my friends have and it was not that bad for them at all.

I will be sending you and your little one T&P.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just wanted to add, my DH was born with both clubbed feet.  He wore casts the first 6 months of his life, but now his feet are perfectly straight and he was an All-American basketball player in college and still runs triathlons (just completed a 1/2 ironman this summer).  He has no issues with his feet or his arches.  Hope everything turns out ok with the amnio. 
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    Thanks for the support everyone.  The dr. called with the preliminary amnio results and everything looks good.  We're very excited.
  • Options
    sending you lots of thoughts and prayers. 
    PLC 7.16.07 * MDC 10.16.10
    Foundation for Ichthyosis and Related Skin Types
    Educate, inspire and connect those touched by ichthyosis and related disorders through emotional support, information, advocacy and research funding for better treatments and eventual cures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"