Trouble TTC
Options

I'm Broken

So, I will be adding more folic acid to my protocol (I already take 2.4 grams in addition to the 1 gram in my prenatal) and lovenox and low dose aspirin after ER.  I am supposed to get the full results from the RPL panel that was run.  But, I know that I tested positive for anticardiolipin antibodies and phospholipid antibidies.  Additionally, my homocysteine levels were abnormally low (I thought if you had clotting disorders this was usually high).

My IVF coordinator is going to speak with the my RE in more depth and get back with me tomorrow.  I am freaking a bit because when I search about these antibodies, it keeps bringing me back to lupus.  I have a type of autoimmune arthritis.  Rhuematologists have in the past considered lupus, but I don't get any of the rashes that are usually involved...  I guess when I get the full results, I will be sending them to my Rhuematologist.

Sorry for the long post and being Debbie Downer.  I am just really starting to wonder how MH and I have a chance at being successful with so many things stacked against us. 

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

Re: I'm Broken

• Options
    If you're broken thwn I am falling apart! I have to take the lovenox with the BCP on top of the baby aspirin. I also am on a ton of Folic. I will be on lovenox through pregnancy. My last lovenox was Friday and I will be back on it when I start stims. My dear this is all a part of our path! I am not broken nor am I falling apart! I am strong and this shiit won't keep me down nor keep me from becoming pregnant! I have high hopes for you too!!
  • Options

Thanks, Mari.  I know I am not the only one with problems.  I just thought I had everything under control.  Now I am starting to feel overwhelmed! 

I won't start lovenox and aspirin until after ER.  I think they are worried about too much bleeding (I am anemic to begin with).  I will be on lovenox and aspirin through pregnancy, too. 

I also have to do intralipids because of all of my immune issues.  My first infusion is Friday.

You are right.  Typing the above out seems to have calmed me down a bit.  I can do this.  I will be doing 3-4 shots a day during stims.  So what is 2 shots a day after ER?!

imageimage

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Well I'm right here with ya. I will be doing 3. So it's not a big deal. all together looks crazy, but when you think about it. It's only a few shots a day. Take it 1 day at a time. I have a calander where I write down what I need to take each day!! I stop the lovenox 3 days before ER. Then back on 1 day after ER. I am anemic too. I hate all my issues and it sucks that I had all this going on my whole life.

You can do this!!

• Options

I am sorry:( I was hoping you wouldn't have to do this. You will get through this. All of us will. It just sucks. I am doing 3 shots a day now and a crapload of pills. They're bearable and thankfully I am not going to wear a bikini anytime soon to show off my bruises :)

Like Mari, I have my calendar where I will check off all the shots I do every day. I found some good tutorials on Lovenox injection on youtube and she had some good tips. Let me know if you don't have the link already. 

((hugs))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ahhh sweetie - I am sorry.  I know we never want to hear ANOTHER thing is wrong but it great that we are getting screened for these things ahead of time because the last you want is to go through IVF and then have a miscarriage. 

I am really sorry though, I know it must be very frustrating and a bit overwhelming.  ((hugs))

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options

Thanks, Mikeandangie.  I have the calendar from the clinic, but I also made my own calendar because I have some meds that I am on that are not IVF related. 

I know I am not the only one going through this. 

Now, hopefully, I can figure out if these tests will affect how my autoimmune disease is treated...

imageimage

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"