Upstate NY Babies
Options

CD Moms--A Question

Right now we use Baby Dry at night and Cruisers during the day.  (T hasn't had any reaction to the DryMax but I am keeping an eye out for it).  We only had to start buying diapers about 6 weeks ago (we tons for our showers) and I hate the expense!  

So my question: How do CD's do at night?  I'm thinking about getting 2-3 that she can wear at night to cut out having to buy a separate night time diaper.  I'm just worried about her getting soaked through every night and being wet and uncomfortable. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CD Moms--A Question

• Options
    It depends on what type of CD.  I use pocket diapers with stay dry liners for nighttime.  BumGenius 3.0s and Blueberry pockets.  They are both one-size and run about $18 apiece.  But that's probably about the cost of a package of sposies, right?  They fit up to 30-35 lbs.  I did buy some extra hemp inserts that help the diaper to be more absorbent.  So we have 6 pocket diapers and 6 extra inserts.  I got my blueberries off Craigslist for a really cheap price and they were brand new.  If you bought new, you would be looking at around $100 for everything.  They sell Bumgenius 4.0s in a 6-pack.  Good luck!  We love CDs for day and night.
  • Options
    I used BG 3.0s (stash from DS #1).. I think they just sell 4.0's now unless you buy used.  We use both inserts that come with them and never have any leaks.  They work great for us!  I actually find that we have leaks and blowouts a lot more frequently when we travel and use sposies. I keep the BG for nighttime primarily since they are so bulky and I don't like the way clothes fit over them.  During the day I just use prefolds or fitteds with covers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

night time diapering can be a challenge. Honestly, I always tell people to use fitteds and covers.  The thing with pockets is that there are many variables which can contribute to leaks.  Not always, but there is a higher chance.

The inserts are only in the middle, so if a baby sleeps on their side or tummy and they pee forcefully, the pee might leak out before it reaches the inserts.  Also, stay dry liners can prevent the pee from soaking in fast enough.  

A fitted is absorbent all the way around and there is no stay dry lining.  And covers hold everything in.  I am using Mother-Ease Sandy's fitteds at night when they are clean, and loving them!   

• Options
    We just bought some hemp inserts, as Evan has been leaking at night.  Hope it works for us.  This weekend when camping, we used Wegman's disposables, and he did not leak at all.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use BG 3.0 pockets. We've been using the xlarge inserts that come with the BG's but recently at night she's been wetting through those. I have tried using the hemp inserts a few times and those seem to do the trick. Hemp holds a lot more than the microfiber!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"