Working Moms
Options

Auto/Home Insurance

I'm thinking about switching our Auto & Home Insurance company.  We have had Allstate for many years but our premiums keep going up and it's getting ridiculous.  I got 2 free quotes today online for Auto Insurance only.  One from Progressive and the other from Esurance.  Esurance was the cheapest per month, but Progressive was also still cheaper than what we currently have (for the same coverage). 

Anyone have either insurance?  Pros?  Cons?  Opinions?

TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Auto/Home Insurance

• Options
    I hear ya!   I was looking around too.  I worry about the cost of having the two policies at separate businesses.  we were in an accident with a person who had Geico and they contacted me the same day to set up the appointment with a mechanic and to get me into a rental.  paid for a luxury rental car.  sweet.  I was impressed.  their quote was lower than our allstate premium... but I have to look around for home insurance quotes. I don't believe they do home too.  does progressive or esurance?  
  • Options

imageHalo79RN:
    I hear ya!   I was looking around too.  I worry about the cost of having the two policies at separate businesses.  we were in an accident with a person who had Geico and they contacted me the same day to set up the appointment with a mechanic and to get me into a rental.  paid for a luxury rental car.  sweet.  I was impressed.  their quote was lower than our allstate premium... but I have to look around for home insurance quotes. I don't believe they do home too.  does progressive or esurance?  

Yes they both do.  But you have to get the quotes done seperately. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We did this last April. We also had Allstate auto insurance and it was ridiculous how much we were paying. I quoted through Progressive, State Farm, and Geico. Geico was the cheapest at almost 1/2 of what we were paying Allstate and we have better coverage now. We have talked to several people who have Geico and they have never had a problem including DH's co-worker who has been in three accidents in the last two years.

For Homeowners I also quoted through Geico. I did a comparison of what we were insured for with our current local company (which was the market value of the house) and then I quoted replacement value (which was 5x what we were insured for) and it was only $100 more a year. So we switched to Geico as well. The only catch with them was they sent an independent inspector out while we weren't here who made an incorrect assumption about our triple wall chimney being a woodstove. But this was easily corrected with a phone call. We also received a letter that stated we had to either fix or tear down our garage due to rotting wood and missing siding before our next renewal (we have to send pics to prove it has been done). Luckily we were already planning to do this so it wasn't a big deal.

• Options

imageHalo79RN:

GEICO does home owners insurance too. And you get a discount for having your auto insurance with them.

• Options
    You can save yourself a lot of trouble if you let an agent do the legwork for you. That's what they are for. Go with an agent who has multiple carriers, and let him or her do the work and present you with the best deals.
  • Options
    We have Progressive Auto Insurance. We had State Farm before. Progressive is so much cheaper, for roughly the same coverage (there are different options). Also, for State Farm, I had to go in to the local office a couple of times, which meant I had to take off work because their office hours were the same as mine. With Progressive, we've done everything online or by phone.
    imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I used to work for an auto insurance company (neither of these) I won't ever switch to progressive...When my ss was in an accident with his mom, my dh had to sign off on some of the paperwork. Since I have an insurance lic (for the state the accident took place in) I knew excatly how it worked, and the agent we dealt with told us so many things that were a flat out lie. This was a local agent so it was probably just him, but I still won't trust them now because of it.

And what I have heard about esurance...they will only email you anything. Paperwork, id cards, etc. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just how I've heard they work. The rumor I always heard was that if you wanted something mailed (and maybe even faxed?) they charged extra. But they don't have coverage in our state, so I never looked into it that closely.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"