Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

started crawling and now does not sleep!

Did you find that when your LO mastered crawling they didn't sleep as well the first couple nights?  I'm trying to come up with excuses for DD as to why she is all the sudden the world's worst sleeper Tongue Tied

Re: started crawling and now does not sleep!

• Options
    I have heard this can definitely happen!!!!! 
  • Options
    Crawling seemed to wear DD out it was sitting up that disrupted her. Once she could sit on her own (but still couldn't sit herslef up) it was hell. The  crawling has been a breath of fresh air. In your case, I would bet the excitement of her new trick has her a litte restless:-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Whenever DS has learned a new skill he has woken up in the middle of the night for the first couple of nights and "practiced" it. I can hear him on the monitor so I usually watch him for a while on it. He doesn't cry though so I never go in there and disturb him. He usually puts himself back to sleep within a few minutes. E.g. crawling, standing up (this led to standing and talking to his 5ft giraffe that looks over his crib), "arms up" repeatedly, clapping, etc.
  • Options

Um, yeah...this is me. It is hell.

I haven't had a good night's sleep in about 2 weeks. I took her to see the Dr. for an eye ailment and I mentioned she wasn't sleeping. When I blamed it on her teething (4 teeth came in all at the same time) he told me it is EXTREMELY common for babies between 9 and 11 months to have sleeping problems. YAY!!!

He said it is caused because they are more mobile, they start having nightmares, separation anxiety, a whole slew of things.

Last night she woke up at 1:30 AM and didn't fall back asleep until 5...45 minutes before my alarm clock went off. DH and I are living on mostly coffee these days.

I'm glad I'm not alone.

• Options
    imageJungleJulia:

I haven't had a good night's sleep in about 2 weeks. I took her to see the Dr. for an eye ailment and I mentioned she wasn't sleeping. When I blamed it on her teething (4 teeth came in all at the same time) he told me it is EXTREMELY common for babies between 9 and 11 months to have sleeping problems. YAY!!!

He said it is caused because they are more mobile, they start having nightmares, separation anxiety, a whole slew of things.

Last night she woke up at 1:30 AM and didn't fall back asleep until 5...45 minutes before my alarm clock went off. DH and I are living on mostly coffee these days.

I'm glad I'm not alone.

Yep, sounds like the same problems.  DD got her top two teeth in just last week too!  I decided to sleep on a matress in her room last night and just keep my hand on her back...it was the ONLY way she would stay asleep Indifferent

• Options
    Yes! She is not even taking naps right now. She officially began traditional crawling Saturday and hasn't wanted to sleep since. I put her in her crib for a nap or bed and she's up on all fours crawling around. She's not mad about being in there, she just refuses to stop and sleep! I am hoping this too will pass (quickly!). Good luck! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.gabsmommy.blogspot.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMissy42807:
    imageJungleJulia:

I'm glad I'm not alone.

Yep, sounds like the same problems.  DD got her top two teeth in just last week too!  I decided to sleep on a matress in her room last night and just keep my hand on her back...it was the ONLY way she would stay asleep Indifferent

Yes, yes, I understand. Well, I hope you find comfort in knowing when you're up at 3 AM, so am I.  All I can think is "this too shall pass."

• Options

I am glad I posted this!  It makes me feel a little better knowing I am not alone :)  I can't quite understand how my DD has so much energy with hardly sleeping at all.  It can't be healthy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"