Sibling question - Fair Oaks — The Bump
D.C. Area Babies

Sibling question - Fair Oaks

I am due in Feb and will deliver at Fair Oaks.  I assume they will implement the restrictions on having visitors due to H1N1.  My question is - if I go into labor in the middle of the night - what to do with DD?  Should I have someone prepared to come in the middle of the night?  The obvious answer is yes.. but just looking for thoughts..
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Goblin Gallup 5k 10/30/11 - 36:46
Turkey Trot 5k 11/24/11 - 35:14
Festival of Lights 5k 12/31/11 - 33:13
Love the Run You're With 5k 2/13/12 - 31:58
Backyard Burn 5 miler 3/11/12 - 1:08:42
Cherry Blossom 10 Miler 4/1/12 - 1:58:22
Wine Country HF 6/2/12 - TBD
Spartan Race 8/25/12 - TBD

Re: Sibling question - Fair Oaks

• Yes.  We plan on having our inlaws stay with DS while I am in labor so they would just have to come in the middle of the night.  They are an hour and a half away so if worse comes to worse DH and DS will drive me to the hospital then come home and wait for them to arrive. 
    [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/2ludqfr.jpg[/IMG]

Picky Toddler Recipes
  • We have the same situation with no local family. I already asked a friend who lives nearby to be "on call" in early January.  I explained this might mean having to call in sick to work before my parents can arrive from Northern NJ and they were AOK with it.  Was your first labor fast?  I just plan on calling my mom when labor starts and, assuming no major weather event, their plan is to drive down as soon as they can.  If I have to go in during the day, the same friend has keys to our house where we will leave a car seat for her to pick DD up from daycare.  We haven't discussed what will happen if there is a major weather event - I am hoping the Farmers Almanac is right about our "mild" winter.  If there is a storm, we may impose on a SAHM friend but I think we will cross that bridge when we get to it.
  • My parents live close by so they were able to handle the girls. My first I went into labor at about 9pm and with my other two it was about 530am and 630am so none of the times were horrible for them. If they weren't able to do it we had a friend that was on call just in case.
  • With DD I was induced... so not sure what my body would do if I went into labor on my own.. haha! 

Good idea about DH and DD bringing me and then DH bringing DD back home and then to daycare or wait for someone...  My cousin lives in DC and she wants to help.. but love her to pieces, she's unreliable.  I do have a friend who lives not far away that is quitting her job to SAH and do freelance.. I'm sure she'd be willing to help.

Crossing my fingers for no 8 foot snow this Feb.  Eeek - bad nightmare!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Goblin Gallup 5k 10/30/11 - 36:46
    Turkey Trot 5k 11/24/11 - 35:14
    Festival of Lights 5k 12/31/11 - 33:13
    Love the Run You're With 5k 2/13/12 - 31:58
    Backyard Burn 5 miler 3/11/12 - 1:08:42
    Cherry Blossom 10 Miler 4/1/12 - 1:58:22
    Wine Country HF 6/2/12 - TBD
    Spartan Race 8/25/12 - TBD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards