Preemies
Options

When did your premie sleep longer?

Just curious when my little boy may start sleeping longer through the night. He is breastfed and still going 2-3 hours between feedings. I know he is still small (adjusted age 1 week 3 days). What was the adjusted age of when your baby slept longer?

TIA

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: When did your premie sleep longer?

• Options
    We are at 3 weeks adjusted and still no sleep. Looking forward to seeing other responses.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    My lil guys are 3 weeks adjusted and I can get them to go from 9pm-3am overnight and then 3-7am. Then every 3-4hrs during the day. They are formula fed though. I started using the babywise book with them about a month ago and it seems to be working. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine didn't start sleeping longer until about 2 months adjusted. Then they would go about 5-6 hours at night.
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options
    Bella is almost 7 months adjusted and still isn't STTN. Just recently (and I mean in the past 2-3 weeks) has she started sleeping one 5 hour stretch. This.mama.is.tired!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

DD was about 2 months adjusted when she started sleeping 5-6 hours at a stretch at night.  Eventually I got in a routine where I could get her down around 11 pm and she wouldn't wake up to eat until about 5 am.  She would eat and then go back to sleep until about 8:30 or 9. 

We stayed in that routine until I went back to work when she was 4 months old.  She is now going to bed at 7:30 and waking up at about 2 to eat, so about 7 hours.  She has slept through the night on occassion, but not regularly.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"