TTC after 35

Do you really need a

BBT thermometer to TTC or will a regular digital thermometer work just as well?  I'd hate to spend $10 when I can use the one I already have.  TIA

Michelle

Re: Do you really need a

• Does your digital read out to the hundredths?  If it does, and it is consistently accurate/sensitive, I think you would be all set.
  • you really do need a basal thermometer, which checks your temperature to a hundreth of a degree. regular thermometers only go to a tenth of a degree.

that extra digit makes a difference when the changes can be so subtle! good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • See, i read that many experts say to avoid the hundreths, as it makes things too confusing. Maybe it depends how subtle your shifts are? Or how easily confused you are? Info i found said as long as your thermometer reads to the tenths (and not every two tenths,) you are fine. Basal ones apparently temp quicker (though mine works in a minute,) and they store the last temp so you don't have to write it down in the dark while you are sleepy.

FWIW, i just started charting yesterday, and i am using the digital thermometer i had in the drawer. We shall see how that works before i go out and buy something else.

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • I think having the hundredths is essential when usuing charting software, like fertility friend. that extra precision helps me to see shifts more clearly. There IS a difference between 97.7 and 97.79. (maybe it's not as essential when you are charting by hand/on paper. I dunno.)

FWIW, I'd just spend the 10 bucks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"