New Jersey Babies
Options

Morristown Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates

Hi!

Very newly prego here! Just wanted to see if anyone goes to Morristown Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates (Dr. Shaw, Dr. Jones etc...) and what you think. I went to Dr. Jones for my annual last year and liked her, but I was curious to see if anyone had positive or negative experiences with the practice.

I just called them today to make my 8 wk. appt and the receptionist was kind of gruff, and not very helpful....kinda turned me off.

I actually live much closer to Hackettstown Hospital- but I know Morristown is supposed to be a better hospital....I just want to be sure I am making the right OBGYN decision!

Thank you!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Morristown Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates

• Options

Hi ,

I am using Morristown OBGYN. I have not had the best experince with them.It is a kind of love hate relationship. I really love Dr.sharon mass. Most of the others are ok. I dislike Dr. Shraffi. I am due this friday I told them I would push the baby back in if she is the on call dr the night I go into labor. lol On the other hand a very good friend of mine , his father is a Neonatologist at morristown and he swears they are the best. His daughter in-law is using them. I know my answer is a little all over the place. I would try all the Doctors and see what you think. The front desk is not helpfull at all!!!!!!. I will let you know how the deliver goes. I also live in the hackettstown area and left a Doctor in town because I wanted to deliver in morristown. 

Good Luck 

• Options

I go to Morristown OB.  It was recommended to me by my mom who is a mother-baby nurse at Morristown.  I go to Dr. Mass, who I like alot.  I've also seen Dr. Shaw (ok), Dr. Jones (really like) and Dr. Culin (like also).  I haven't seen Dr. Shraffi yet (my mom said she has a very dry personality but likes her) or the one other doctor I think.

There is one lady at the front desk who I HATE!  She is rude and gruff and has no people skills.  I work in health publishing - making textbooks for people in her profession and she is NOT supposed to act like that.  She can never find my chart (usually on top of the pile) and last week asked me if it was my first time at the practice (it was my 30 week appt.)  I do like all the other girls I've met though and find them to be nice.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

:) Figured this is a good place to jump in.

I do go to this practice. I picked it purely based on the fact that my health insurance has very few providers and this was one of the only ones that actually delivered at Morristown, which was my first choice.

In the end, though, it turns out that several of my friends have gone to this practice for years and some have even used them for delivery before. I think it's really hit or miss sometimes depending on the doctor. The only problem I had was with one of the nurses on my last visit, actually...I've managed to miss a lot of "milestone" visits as we were out of the country due to a family bereavement. During the time I was away I spoke with one of the doctors a few times just to keep my file updated and to get the test results from some of my tests. The nurse started off by giving me a hard time about missing these milestones and I tried to downplay it, but in the end I had to tell her off a bit, it's not like I was on a three month holiday!

Still, though, I'd be comfortable recommending the practice. Everyone seems very nice and they're willing to address anything I bring up, so no real complaints here.

• Options
    Thank you for the replies! I am kind of up in the air...my first appt at 8wks is with Dr. Shaw, so I'll see how it goes. My very good friends mom is a labor delivery nurse at Mo-town, so I would really like to stay with that hospital if I can help it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Morristown is a great hospital. My Dh's cousin lives near you and she also chose to drive to MMH to deliver her son and now her triplets she's expecting.

If you are not happy with the practice you are going to - Dr. Bissinger and Dr. Flores are amazing and out of MMH - they are located right off of Rt 80/46 in Parsippany.  I know a ton of nurses in the area that use them for OBGYN (i'm a drug rep)... they have an excellent reputation in the medical community here.

Dr. Bissinger was amazing with both my pregnancies - he has a great bedside manner - really cares how you are feeling, doing, etc.  He's super smart - explains everything to you - takes all the time in the world with you- even when running behind - you never feel rushed with him.  His partner, Dr. Flores was also awesome (but Bissinger delivered my boys).... You can google him - he's got lots of stuff out there about him.  The docs that they share calls with (Immateao and Gluck) are also top in the area... so you know you'll end up with a great doc on delivery day.

And Bissinger's office staff is WONDERFUL.... I never once had an issue with them- nothing but sweet and helpful.  They also have an NP there who is the sweetest thing ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"