Secondary IF

I'm new and have a question!

Hello! I'd like to introduce myself. I don't know what took me so long to find this board, and I'm so glad I finally did. I'm a proud mother of 15 month old B/G twins. On our fourth IVF cycle and after 2 miscarriages, we are so grateful to have been blessed with these two babies.

That being said, I am thinking about the future and having a third. I'm not sure how I feel about doing IVF again (for a variety of reasons) and I'm not ruling it out totally, but I want to consider some other options.

In a nutshell, we never did IUI"S--just went right to IVF. I have moderate endo--or at least that was the diagnosis 4 years ago--but I have no symptoms other than infertiltiy.

I'm wondering if we should give IUI"s a shot this time around. Has anyone taken the "backwards" route of doing IVF and then IUI's after that?

Just wondering...

Have an excellent day!

Re: I'm new and have a question!

• Welcome

I have not personally done IVF so I cannot help with that, but why couldn't you? Use clomid, femara or injects of course but if you get a good responce then i don't see why it would not work, right?

Good luck with everything
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Welcome!   I don't have any experience with IVF, so I'm not much help.  I would talk to your RE and see why they wouldn't recommend IUI.

In our case - after our first visit, our RE recommended we go straight to IVF because I have diminished ovarian reserve (low AMH and high FSH) and my DH had some morphology issues.   We did a 2nd sperm analysis and his morphology came back better, not perfect, but better.  At that point, our RE told us he would let us try 2 IUI's, but then he wanted us to move on to IVF because he didn't want my eggs to get any worse.  I just got my BFP a week ago - off of that 2nd IUI.  

Hopefully your RE will have a good plan for you and you'll have that BFP soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the input, both of you.

I think I might look into IUI further. Glad to hear of your success Uteandbuff! If you doin't mind me asking, did you use stim meds during your cyle?  By the way, I love the Easter pic! My daughter wore the same dress. So cute!

• imagesiena2003:

Thanks for the input, both of you.

I think I might look into IUI further. Glad to hear of your success Uteandbuff! If you doin't mind me asking, did you use stim meds during your cyle?  By the way, I love the Easter pic! My daughter wore the same dress. So cute!

I did 50mg of Clomid and didn't trigger as I don't have an issue ovulating on my own.   After O, I did use crinone progesterone cream (still using it) since even with hcg injections, I wasn't producing enough progesterone.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"