School-Aged Children

1st Day of Kindergarten PsIP!! :) *yes Im an AW*

Me and Landon at the front of the school

Walking into his classroom

Sitting at his desk like a "big kid"

With his teacher    She is great!!  

He did really good getting ready, walking in, putting his book bag and lunch box up and having a seat.  He even cooperated for some really cute pictures.  (he usually hates pictures)  I really expected him to cry.  He was so upset/nervous about today last night that he had a rough time getting to sleep.  He is usually out in 2 minutes.  It took him an hour to fall asleep.  :(  I havent cried yet...got teary eyed and dh looked at me and said ...."dont do it"  It made me laugh.  But deep inside Im both happy and sad.  This is the beginning of his school career.  He is growing up and becoming a big kid. 

Hope anyone else starting today has had a good morning.  Ours couldnt have gone any better. 

Re: 1st Day of Kindergarten PsIP!! :) *yes Im an AW*

• GL, Landon! He looks so much like your hubs, Lucky=)
    Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • He looked very excited to start his first day of Kindergarten.  Now take another picture on the last day of school and be amazed at how much they change over the course of the school year.
  • Loading the player...
  • Great pictures:)

Mommy to Catherine 5/19/2005 & Ryan 8/22/2009 My Blog
  • #6#6 member

He LOVED it.  Came home and told me everything.  He likes that his gf from preschool is in his class and sits a few seats back.  (you can see part of her head in the pic of him at his desk)  He said they played all day together.  :)

He is still scared of the cafeteria and really wants me to pack his lunch every day.  I had planned on it 2 days/wk but may be doing it daily for a while.  Im going to wait the first week of school so they can all get into a routine and then Im going to go eat lunch with him and not pack his lunch that day.  That may help.  

He is also scared of the bus.  It doesnt have seat belts like his preschool bus so he doesnt want to ride it.  We are able to take him daily and pick him up daily but there may be some days that I have to work over, they get out early, go in late (snow) etc that he has to so we would like him to get used to it.  So, we will be starting off with a few days next week of him riding the bus.   He is afraid he will fall out of his seat without a seatbelt.  :(  

Other than that he really had a great day.  Went to sleep much faster (like normal) tonight now that he isnt so nervous/scared/anxious.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"