D.C. Area Babies

Swings- for real this time!

Sorry about that - apparently my computer went nuts! We are living with my in-laws in the Burke Area and can't find any playgrounds with infant swings. Does anyone have any recommendations? Apparently Fairfax County Parks don't have swings due to liability reasons (this according to the "conductor" of the train at Burke Lake Park) Thanks! Katie

Re: Swings- for real this time!

• I don't live in that area so I don't know about the swing situation but I just wanted to say that we bought DD this Little Tykes swing and she absolutely loves it. I'm not sure whether you have a place to put something like this or how long you will be staying at your in-laws but I just wanted to recommend it. I got it for $20 with a coupon from Buy Buy Baby. Whenever DD is being fussy, I put her on it. I also tied a rope to the bottom so I can sit in front of her and pull the rope to swing her back and forth.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lake Accotink has infant swings as do the other smaller Fairfax county parks by me.  Perhaps Burke Lake is the only one that got rid of them?  Burke is the land of townhouse tot lots, I wonder if any of the local communities would have them that you could use.  We too have the Little Tykes swing and DD loves it. We hung it from the rafter of the porch in front of our shed since we don't have a tree to place it on.  Friends of mine hung it from the rafters of their unfinished basement so they could use it year round.     
  • Loading the player...
  • There are 2 infant swings at South Run Rec Center which is right off the parkway.  There are also 2 swings outside of the Commons Pool off of Roberts Parkway by the baby pool side.  There are a lot of tot lots in most of the Burke Centre communities but not sure if they all have baby swings or not.
  • imageSoon2BMrs.Hile:
    There are 2 infant swings at South Run Rec Center which is right off the parkway.  There are also 2 swings outside of the Commons Pool off of Roberts Parkway by the baby pool side.  There are a lot of tot lots in most of the Burke Centre communities but not sure if they all have baby swings or not.

These are great recommendations!   South Run has a great little playground.  There are multiple mini playgrounds on the trails between most of the neighborhoods. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"