North Dakota Babies

More Stroller Questions

I'm still debating between a Snap n Go/infant carrier and a travel system.

If we go with the travel system, does that come with one car seat base and we have to purchase one additional for our second car? 

vs.

If we go with the Snap n Go/infant carrier, do we need to buy two bases?  Or does one base come as part of the infant carrier? 

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: More Stroller Questions

• I only looked at travel systems that came as a set (carrier, base, stroller). I'm sure there are some out there that you only get the carrier+base for a price and then there is a stroller to complete it for another price. Also, all of the carriers I've looked at come with a base, so you would buy a second one for another vehicle.

• We bought a stroller frame (like the snap and go but different brand) and the infant car seat separately.  The infant car seat when purchased individually comes with its own base for the car.  So all you would need is to buy a second base for a second car if you wish.  BTW if you go to BRU, the separate car seat base is not included in the car seat sales that they run, so you're better off using a  20% off or some other discount coupon for that item.  Honestly that kind of annoyed me because how else am I supposed to use an extra car seat base if I'm not using it with a car seat?  According to BRU it's an accessory like a seat protector for a car seat.  But we got the 20% off so it is what it is (it worked out to be the same amount money wise in the end).
  • Loading the player...
  • Pretty sure all carriers (either part of a travel system or not) come with at least one base. It seems like I might have come across some that come with 2 bases. We only had one base. Caroline pretty much only rides in my car. The times she's been in DH's car we've just put the car seat in with no base. Depending how much your LO will be in both vehicles might help you decide if you even need the second base.
  • I think if you buy just the carseat it comes with one base.  Like Shannon said you don't *have* to have a second base, but it does make things easier if you're going to be switching LO between two cars often.  You'll have to buy the 2nd base on your own whether you go with a travel system or carseat & snap-n-go.
  • Thanks girls.  I was pretty sure I knew the answers, but always need confirmation.  Embarrassed

• I don't think the second base is that expensive.  I think ours was less than $50 including shipping.
  • imageAshleysred:
    I don't think the second base is that expensive.  I think ours was less than $50 including shipping.

Yep, that's what I've found to be true.  I just needed to make sure I needed to buy one, not two, if needed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"