Natural Birth
Options

Evening Primrose Oil vs Sex

Does anyone know if sex works better than EPO?  I've been doing EPO for the last week and a half.  It has really made a lot of progress on my cervix ( I was 42 weeks with my daughter with a long labor, so I'm hoping to shorten that!).  DH isn't really into having sex right now, but if it works even better than EPO I'd like to try and convince him ;)   Anyone know?

Re: Evening Primrose Oil vs Sex

• Options

I did both daily (well almost daily) from 36 weeks on in any attempt to soften that cervix of mine.  I wouldnt say one works "better" than the other - they both have chemicals can that can help soften that cervix :)

GL! 

• Options
    My DH and I had sex a lot in the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy. The night I went into labor we had sex.....2 hours later I lost my mucous plug. I would go with the sex.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just remember - the benefit of sex is the female orgasm.  The amount of prostaglandins in semen is minimal next to the amount of oxytocin released by the female orgasm.  Maybe if your DH isn't up for it, you could go it alone, or he could just help you -- without the sex.  Then do the EPO too.
  • Options
    I was doing both for the last week or two before I went into labor. The night I went into labor we had sex three times! The third time I had an orgasm and went into labor and few hours later.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options
    I've been doing EPO since 34 weeks and I'm still not dilated at all. =(
  • Options
    Try using EPO as lubricant during sex. Double-whammy! We did that with my son, and while he came 3 days late my labor was about 4 hours total.
  • Options
    My MW told me EPO and sex.  She said semen has more prostaglandins in it but I haven't reasearched to see if that is actually true.  Also, female orgasm is important too and can help get contractions going.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What about raspberry leaf tea? My doula really recommends EPO but my midwife says to go with the tea instead. Any thoughts?
  • Options

imagedphillips05:
    What about raspberry leaf tea? My doula really recommends EPO but my midwife says to go with the tea instead. Any thoughts?

Do both!  They serve different purposes.   EPO is for softening the cervix and RLT tones the uterus. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"