Multiples
Options

Gift for Mom after twins

Hey Mama's of multiples!  My older sister just gave birth to amazing twin girls last week.  Of course buying for the babies is WAY easy, but I am visiting them this upcoming weekend and would like to get my sister something special as well.  She gets regular massages already so I don't really want to go that route, but I was hoping for some suggestions.  Have any of you received a gift when you had your children that stood out?  Any ideas would really help me out!  Thanks so much!

Re: Gift for Mom after twins

• Options

Foooooooooooooood!

Cleaning service.

Babysitting so she can get some sleep.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagerobinsokj:

Foooooooooooooood!

Cleaning service.

Ditto this, but especially the FOOD!  I LOVED the nights that I could just pop a premade casserole in the oven and not have to really cook. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagerobinsokj:

Foooooooooooooood!

Cleaning service.

Yes  Yes  Yes 

The best thing anyone gave me was food, already divided into disposable single serving size containers, so all we had to do was throw it in the microwave, eat, and chuck out the container - no cooking and no dishes to worry about. Probably not environmentally friendly but I didn't really care at the time lol!

• Options
    Food and offering to help care for babies so I can nap.  Even a one hour nap once a week is AWESOME! 
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options
    any of the PP suggestions! four weeks in and I'm still enjoying food from people! It has been so nice not to have to worry about it. Naps and cleaning is the best as well!
  • Options

food food and more food.

you don't have to make/buy it all -if you organize a food drop off system for family/friends to bring something every 2 days- and also organize it so they don't get too much of the same thing (we got WAY too much pasta from our food train)... that is the NICEST thing you can give a mom of twins.

we had 3 weeks of food coming every other day - it was GREAT.... but as  I said- we got so much pasta/ziti that got a little old and we felt so horrible that we were sick of it b/c we were so blessed to have people bring it to us- but you can only eat so much ziti :)

• Options
    Yes, food!  A friend got me a bunch of meals from Omaha Steaks.  They were delicious and I still have some odds and ends in the freezer that I can pull out when I don't want to make dinner.
  • Options
    After my best friend had her twins my husband and gave her a gift card to her favorite spa to get a pedi and then movie tickets to a movie she was dieing to see and we offered to watch the babies for her. She absolutely loved having those 5 hours to herself with her mom to relax, go out to eat and sit through a whole movie without being interupted once. And we loved loving up on her babies! Such a great gift :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"