Nurseries and Baby Gear

Baby Slings

We used a baby carrier with our first daughter ( did not like it) but now I am researching and looking into a sling to use with our second daughter.

I have seen the Hotslings and they look simple enough to use so I am wondering if anyone has any experience with them????

What other sling type baby carriers are easy to use???  The Moby wraps look like too much work 

Re: Baby Slings

• I'm not a fan of the baby bjorn or typical baby carries, either, but the only experience I have is using one with my nephew. 

I registered for the Moby.  I, too, think it seems like a lot of work, but I have heart GREAT things about from a few friends, and a bunch of moms on another message board I frequent.  The thing I like about it is that while it seems like a lot of work, baby seems much more secure to me than in a sling.

Sorry, I'm not any real help here!

Married 12.9.06

DD born 1.6.11

TTC #2 since 7.12

• I'm to ADD to use a MOBY so I'm also looking for an easy carrier. I have heard good things about the ERGO carriers but I'm still pondering myself. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Moby is a awesome and actually very easy once you learn how to use it. Seriously. I promise. :)

I also like our Bjorn though if I'm outside being "active" with DS (or rather when he was smaller). We don't actually use the Bjorn anymore.

I have a Serena & Lily sling that I never used. It's beautiful, but I could never get comfortable with it. I was too afraid of the baby being able to breathe, etc in it when he was very small and then he was too big to get him used to it. Then when DS was just a few months old the recalls started with the slings because of the babies suffoctaing and dying. Made me happy I never used the sling. I don't think I'll use it this time either. It's one of those purchases I regret buying.

• I registered for the Moby wrap. I've heard lots of good things. I'm also thinking of an Ergo, my cousin has one and loves it. One thing to keep in mind about the Ergo is that it's made for a little bit bigger baby, so while they are newborns, you'll need to purchase the newborn insert.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i have a moby and LOVE it.  there are youtube videos that show how to do the holds & they are seriously not that hard at. all. 

• I have a Zolowear, and I would reccommend it to anyone.  It is an african style sling that is very comfortable to wear and use.  When my LO was and LO I used it all the time, in the house, out of the house, walks, daytrips, errands, etc.  I never did master nursing her in, but I did a few times (we had to use a nipple shield and she was a wiggle worm when she nursed).  I also still use it today, she loves riding mommy and we use it when I teach my high school kids (I am a choreographer for colorguard)  also I use it when she wants to be held at home and I am trying to do things, also at the store or if we go out, it helps because she is a little heavier so using my arms hurts, but the sling is light weight and can fold in my diaperbag/purse and it is easy to use.  She isn't quite big enough to ride on my back with it yet, but soon ennough.  Hope that helps.  You can find them online.  I would reccommend it more than the Moby because it grows with the baby into toddler stage very well, also it is light weight and can fold up unlike some carriers like a babybjorn, and the ergo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"