Baby Showers

Uncomfortable with this situation...(little bit long)

Hi guys!

I need some advice about a friend's shower, and hopefully you can help me out. This girl, is due about a week before I am, and her shower is coming up. I don't particularly like her, we used to be friends, but not so much now. She was dating a guy who is addicted to drugs, and purposely got pregnant so that he would "man up" and that whole nine yards. Well, he dumped her. She moved in with his mother, and thats whats happening with that. 

It really bothers me that she did this, and  I don't really want to go to her baby shower, because she makes me feel awkward and I personally just don't like her. My baby shower is the day before hers. Our mutual friend is hosting, and invited this girl. She RSVP'd yes. Would it be terrible of me not to go to hers? I mean, I didn't even want to invite her to mine, and I am not at all interested in hers. I know I sound silly, but I just don't like this girl, plain and simple...Is it okay to decline?

Re: Uncomfortable with this situation...(little bit long)

• if you're that uncomfortable and dislike her that much then I say you shouldn't go, plain and simple.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I second this. If she confronts you just say you had made plans for that day and keep it simple... even if your plans are to lay in bed all day.
    imagelogan and ruthieLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • You can definitely decline. If you don't like this girl anyways, it doesn't really matter what she thinks! If you feel weird about her coming to yours (and probably bringing a gift) you could always send her something small.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Of course you can decline if you wish.

Please remember that babies do not choose the circumstances into which they are born.

• It's an invitation, not a subpeona.  You can decline.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• You can and probably should decline but I'd still send a small gift.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't go, and don't feel guilty about it. It doesn't sound like she's a positive influence in your life. 
  • imageelplocho:
    I second this. If she confronts you just say you had made plans for that day and keep it simple... even if your plans are to lay in bed all day.

You could be tired from all the excitement and sleep in.

The absolute love of my life... Nobody will ever come close... <a href="http://s559.photobucket.com/albums/ss35/jessicafoster04/?action=view
  • You can decline - it's not like your rsvp has to say "I'm not attending your baby shower because I don't like you or the choices that you've made for yourself." 

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • I wouldn't go if you feel this way.  Whether or not you chose to send something is up to you.  But you could always send something small after she's had the baby in lieu of a shower gift.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You probably shouldn't go...I don't think I'd want someone at my shower who wasn't happy for me, so I think its probably best for both of you if you skip it.  I would send a small gift though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

11.10.10 from my belly to my heart at 11wks 5days

• If it bothers you to be around her, just make up an excuse. Tell her all the excitement gave you false contractions or something and you had to go to the doctors to make sure...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"