Preemies
Options

Anyone still pay close attention to weight and feeding

My DS has been out of NICU for over a month now and he's 2 months old right now but for some odd reason I still notice how much he's gained or how many ounces he's taking in like we did when he was back in NICU. Does anyone else do or did that and if so, is that normal? Should I keep doing it or try and break the habit? Doctors say he's just fine like a normal baby but I guess I'm so used to it I can't help it.

Re: Anyone still pay close attention to weight and feeding

• Options
    DD is 13mos and I still weigh her a couple of times a month - old habits are hard to break but she's also very small so I tend to worry about every ounce.  We stopped paying attention to formula amounts after she'd been home a few months, but now that she's on table food and whole milk (and because her weight gain has slowed) I'm back to keeping an eye on it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think I'm obsessive over what he eats and how much he weighs. I write down each feeding through the day and total at the end of the 24 hours. I wish I could not worry so much about it. It stresses me out!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelexismom1008:
    I think I'm obsessive over what he eats and how much he weighs. I write down each feeding through the day and total at the end of the 24 hours. I wish I could not worry so much about it. It stresses me out!

I do the same thing, and weigh DD every few days. I'm breastfeeding, weening from bottles, so I'm especially paranoid about weight gain.

• Options
    Ok, its good to know I'm not the only one! I want to weigh him but I can't since I don't have a scale for him
  • Options
    DD is 13 months and I still monitor her eating quite closely.  It seems to be her one remaining preemie-related issue.  She's 3% for weight (not adjusted), but it's hard to help her gain weight because she's a super-picky eater and is constantly running all over.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"