Natural Birth

recommend an online natural birth course

We really want to do Bradley but the time commit won't work with my husband's crazy schedule, nor will it be easy to get childcare. Any recommendations for a good online course? We really want to feel prepared but can't find anything around here that will work in person.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: recommend an online natural birth course

• i don't know of an online course, but wanted to add that you don't have to do bradley in person...lots of couples do it at home with the book. it is, of course, very helpful to have the instructor and the face to face help. but you can do it yourself too. check ebay, craigslist and such for anyone selling a copy of their coursebook. you can buy the text in bookstores (husband coached childbirth).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLindseyJW:
    i don't know of an online course, but wanted to add that you don't have to do bradley in person...lots of couples do it at home with the book. it is, of course, very helpful to have the instructor and the face to face help. but you can do it yourself too. check ebay, craigslist and such for anyone selling a copy of their coursebook. you can buy the text in bookstores (husband coached childbirth).

Good to know. Thanks!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hypnobabies has a home study course you can buy, the woman who developed it is a former Bradley and Hypnobirthing instructor. www.hypnobabies.com if you're interested.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • I'm doing the hypnobabies home course.  I bought it from Amazon.com.  I don't know how much I'm really retaining but I have to say that it is sooooo relaxing :)
  • www.givingbirthnaturally.com

The online course is $50 and you can choose a 12 week course, the 7 week course, or go at your own pace course. You also get online support with MP3s for scripts, articles, videos, vocabulary set, workbook, online quizzes... I just got mine today so I haven't started yet, but I'm excite to do it. I'm due in 6 weeks so I choose the at your own pace so I can do a chapter every two days and really get familiar with everything and have time to practice with the scripts and breathing techniques. For some reason I have the idea that my LO might be a little early so I want to get everything done ASAP, so I'll be prepared as much as I can when she's ready to come out.

Wishing you the best with everything!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"