Maryland Babies

wow a local board...what an idea :)

I feel like an idiot! I've been on TTC, 1st Tri and April 2011 Moms for months and didn't realize this board was here.  Well hello all Maryland Moms and Moms to Be! 
Since I am freaking out about day care right now (only 8 weeks pregnant too) does anyone know of any good home day cares in the Reisterstown, Owings Mills area?  Thx

Re: wow a local board...what an idea :)

• Welcome! I live in OM too and now at 27 weeks have started calling daycares. Unfortunately in this area there is a high demand but I was told by all the in home providers that they wouldn't even put me down on a waitlist until I was much closer to when I needed care. So please, stop worrying! No one will even talk to you once they hear you are 8 weeks, sorry to say, that's just too far out. They cant really "hold" a spot the way a center can because it's lost income for them. Even a center will advise for you to wait much closer to about 3 months before you need care to put down a deposit/enroll.

https://www.mdchildcare.org/mdcfc/for_parents/finding.html

All the ladies on the board will recommend using this site to search for licensed daycare. If you have questions about centers in the area I can help with that as I have probably visited it within the last week!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • That is interesting. I hadn't started calling any places so haven't heard that yet.  Thank you for the advice and the website.  GL to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • No recs for that area but just wanted to say welcome and congrats!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Welcome and Congratulations!

• Congrats!  You might want to hold off on calling any centers, I started calling when I was about 24 weeks along and was told that it was too early for them to be able to say if they would have an opening around the time I thought I would go back to work.  I was pretty much told to call back much later, some even told me to call after DS was born.  If you are going the center route, you could call and see if they have a waiting list so you could get on it, all of the centers around us had waiting lists.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats and welcome!  I felt the same way when I realized there was a local board.  :)

I'm in OM and I have a great in-home provider, but she won't have an infant spot opening anytime soon, sorry!  I found her through Locate though, so I hope you find someone wonderful!  And I agree with the PPs...I called some providers when I was around 20 weeks and they wanted me to pay a monthly fee until I would be using the care to hold the spot.  I found our DCP when I was on leave - and really, I found 3 that I could have used, but I liked this one the best.  No need to worry about it yet!  :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"