North Dakota Babies
Options

fever

Unless a baby has a temp above 100.4, I shouldn't do anything (ie, give Tylenol), right?

Also, is baby Tylenol available in stores again?  I tried to buy some prior to her birth a few times and no where had it bc of the recall. 

Re: fever

• Options

If I remember correctly, when Caroline was a newborn I was told that if the temp is 100 or over to immediately call the doc. 

Don't know about the status of Tylenol.  I think the generics are okay though.

• Options

They told me 100.4, but hers is still under 100: 99.7.  I'm going to keep an eye on it through the night.  Luckily our ped is open on Saturdays just in case.  She's been sleeping most of the day despite my efforts to keep her up and now I know why.  It's finally nice outside and we have the windows open, but I guess I should put the air back on :(

ETA: I couldn't even find generics.  (I'm not sure if they were just sold out or what.) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Call her pedi before giving her any medicine. Baby tylenol is not safe until 2 months old so Caroline is too little still. Hope it goes back down!
    Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Options
    Definitely call your pedi. before giving her anything. If she is layered, try taking off a layer to cool her down.
  • Options

I haven't given her anything.  Bri was headed out to the store so I wanted to make sure I shouldn't have him pick anything up.  I had her on my chest and was typing one handed with my left hand so I couldn't give much detail.  All of my google searches didn't give me enough info so I decided to try here.

We now have her in just a diaper and she's basically been eating and sleeping (or just laying) on one of us.  She could very well just have a raised temp because we've had the windows open instead of the air on for the first time since she's been born (actually for the first time since the beginning of June!!)  We're due to have our 8th heat wave of the summer starting on Sunday so I was trying to take advantage of something below 90+ degrees.

I'll call the pedi in the morning, but just continue to montior her through the night.  It looks like I may experience my first sleepless night.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"