Special Needs

ASD Moms - A Poll

I was reading an article recently about pregnancy and birth complications and their relation to a child having ASD.  In this particular article, the author was discussing if the ASD was caused by the complications or if the complications arose because of the ASD. 

So I am just curios now.... Did you have any complications with your pregnancy, birth, or both? Explain your answer below.  

[Poll]
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: ASD Moms - A Poll

• It also kinda matters what one's definition of 'complications' is. I would consider 40+ hours of labor, hr dropping off, suction causing external trauma to the head, emerg. Csection as complications...  but in his records, it isn't considered that. I guess in our case, really, it's just kinda a traumatic birth experience for the both of us, but not real complications.

There have been theories both directions..... is it the chicken or the egg? Also, what of all those who don't fall into either/both category who DO have an ASD child? I wonder what the percentage in the general population is of all these poll questions... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My child has a genetic syndrome that is associated with autism.  His condition has nothing to do with my pregnancy or his delivery.
  • Loading the player...
  • My pregnancy with J was uneventful until about 35w when my BP started to creep up-- never developed pre-e, but when I went into labor at 37w, my bp was 150/105. Delivery was textbook though.
    DS1 9/7/05 DS2 10/20/07 DS3 1/20/09 DD 11/9/14
  • I voted for 'other' because while I had no pregnancy complications, I did suffer from hyperemesis the whole pregnancy and threw up frequently...and was on a VARIETY of meds for it.

I did end up having an emergency c-section, but I wouldn't consider that a complication. 

imageimage
    You will forever be my best friend. I can almost feel our hugs. I will ensure everyone will know (now and in the future) what a genuine, kind, loving person you were...I already miss your laughter and our daily conversations. I love you, Samantha. May 20, 1983- February 20, 2012
  • I took progesterone while pg because I had two previous m/c before ds. We did have to use a suction to get him out. I voted other, because to some it was a typical delivery, no complications.

I was also on progesterone for my dd, who is typical. She came out like speedy gonzalez, no suctions, easy delivery. But, probably because ds "paved the way."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"