Blended Families
Options

I think we're officially broke!

DH has been unemployed since November, we've been doing good thanks to his mom for helping out a little.

This month though we've had to buy a ton for the kids because their mom won't.  

We bought new sneakers for both, SS's are ruined and SD's are getting there, she has other shoes but they won't last too long.

We bought almost a whole new wardrobe for their mom's house.  They got 4 shirts and 3 bottoms from there grandma for the whole school year, BM bought nothing.  We don't want the kids going in clothes 3 sizes too small, so we bought more.

We bought new backpacks for both of them and extra school supplies for if they run out, BM hates buying more in the year.

We bought both kids new winter coats and very warm sweaters.  We are also going to be buying them snow boots soon. 

We also made eye doctor appointments at Costco because BM will not take them and we are not allowed to have them if it is not our day so we had to find a place for the weekends.  Both kids could need glasses also. 

We don't mind buying them stuff at all!  Just wish we could make sure the money we send BM is going for the kids (it is not) so they had stuff there.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I think we're officially broke!

• Options

yes, it sucks.  a lot.  and it's not fair.  at all.  But after all my years of stepparenting, I'm finally at a point where I have to just suck it up and do what's best for the kids.  Take pride in that - that you guys are doing what's best for the kids!  That is what great parents do.  There's tons of things we have to buy for my skids even though mom gets $1300/month.  She doesn't use that money wisely on THEM.  But what can we do?  The only alternative is more battles, and the kids will be deprived. 

My new general rule of thumb?  If I would buy the necessity for myself, I'll buy it for them.  Just remember, Karma.

• Options
    imagehereonceagain:

yes, it sucks.  a lot.  and it's not fair.  at all.  But after all my years of stepparenting, I'm finally at a point where I have to just suck it up and do what's best for the kids.  Take pride in that - that you guys are doing what's best for the kids!  That is what great parents do.  There's tons of things we have to buy for my skids even though mom gets $1300/month.  She doesn't use that money wisely on THEM.  But what can we do?  The only alternative is more battles, and the kids will be deprived. 

My new general rule of thumb?  If I would buy the necessity for myself, I'll buy it for them.  Just remember, Karma.

That's where we're at too.  We have just learned if they need it we will probably have to supply it, and we can take the comfort in knowing they have what they need.  They are just kids and cannot help that they need this stuff.  And if we're broke because they are getting the necessities then that's fine with us!  Better than having money and the kids have nothing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"