South Florida Babies

xp: florida teachers....continuing ed courses

So I have to take two continuing ed courses to get my teaching certification updated.  So I decided to do the two courses through University of Phoenix since florida accepts their credits.  So I went through the whole process and started filling out the application today and basically you have to be employed to go there...anyone hear of this?  I was told I can put down stay at home mom...but I am concerned there will be a problem since i am not employed at the current time.  Anyone else know of any good online programs for continuing ed? or anyone know of this issue with University of Phoenix? UGH..I have some time, but I would love to have these two courses done before my second baby comes....
DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)

Re: xp: florida teachers....continuing ed courses

• I just heard something about this on the news, I can't remember the exact story but basically there are some states that don't accept UofPhx classes towards certification but they don't tell you that, they assure you that you can.  Call the state and double check first.  But, no I haven't heard that you need to be employed.

I'm getting a Master's in Ed from Nova and I'm doing it online through the GTEP program, check the Nova website, I'm pretty sure they off classes to non degree seeking students as well.

image image

• Honestly, I worked for UOPHX for a few years and now I have been at NSU for almost 7 years.  The reason UOPHX asks that you have a job is b/c their whole philosphy is to cater to the working adult.  While both schools are regionally accredited, NSU is non-for-profit and has a much better repuations within the Florida school districts.  If you want to talk about it anymore, you can email me at work wgena@nova.edu  or my personal is genabeth@gmail.com

To add onto it, I am also taking a master's in education program at NSU as well. 

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Loading the player...
  • I checked with the state and they accept University of Phoenix credits.  I called today.  To be honest as long as I get these two classes done...and they accept them I don't care where I get them.  I will look into Nova since I have also heard good things about them.  Thank You for all of your help.  I just dont want to get down to the wire and be all stressed out about it :)
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"