Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

NEW SUV

I need to buy a new car what kind of  SUV do you have? What do you like?

Re: NEW SUV

• Options
    We currently have an escape, good car for the money but i am IN LOVE with the new Kia Sportages!!! Very affordable too!!
  • Options
    We have an Equinox, but I kinda wish we would have gotten a Traverse. They have a 3rd row with the second row being captain's seats. I do like the Equinox though, because the backseat has a lot of space.  DS infant seat didn't even tough either of the front seats in any way.  Plus, it has 3 latch hooks.  I usually only see 2 in vehicles and it was something I looked for when buying it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a Hyundai Santa Fe. I love it. It's room and has a huge trunk. Like PP said, I wish  we would have gotten a car with third row. I almost want to trade in for the Ford box looking thing.
  • Options
    We're looking too.   Trying to decide between the Lexus hybrid SUV and the Volvo xc90
  • Options

imageJessLingle:
    We have an Equinox, but I kinda wish we would have gotten a Traverse. They have a 3rd row with the second row being captain's seats. I do like the Equinox though, because the backseat has a lot of space.  DS infant seat didn't even tough either of the front seats in any way.  Plus, it has 3 latch hooks.  I usually only see 2 in vehicles and it was something I looked for when buying it.

This is me exactly. It also has the child safety lock on the dashboard.

The Traverse was way too big for me. It was the car we went to buy though. I traded from a Chevy Cobalt though. Can you imaging what it felt for me to be in the Travers? lOL

• Options
    I am looking at getting a jeep patriot! I LOVE them, but I am also thinking of the jeep comander, it has 3 rows of seating and looks the same as the patriot just bigger.
  • Options

imageliv97:
    We're looking too.   Trying to decide between the Lexus hybrid SUV and the Volvo xc90

We just bought a Toyota Highlander Limited.  We considered the 2 options above but for the money we couldn't beat the Toyota and you can get a Hybrid as well.  A good friend of mine has the Volvo and her parents have a Highlander she sold me on the fact that she prefers the Highlander. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Are you looking for a larger SUV that has the 3rd row?  We have an Acadia and I love it.  

If you do go for one with a 3rd row, just make sure that the 2nd row is captain chairs, not a bench. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemyonetruelove:

imageJessLingle:

This is me exactly. It also has the child safety lock on the dashboard.

The Traverse was way too big for me. It was the car we went to buy though. I traded from a Chevy Cobalt though. Can you imaging what it felt for me to be in the Travers? lOL

I have the new Equinox also. Coming from a two seater car I loved the back-up camera! I never have to be worried about smashing into something. There is a ton of room and the backseats you can slide back for even more leg room (not like you need it). Since cell phone laws are going in effect the Bluetooth is coming in handy when I need to make a call to the Pedi or DH.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

• Options
    imageMrs.PeachyKeen:

imageliv97:

We just bought a Toyota Highlander Limited.  We considered the 2 options above but for the money we couldn't beat the Toyota and you can get a Hybrid as well.  A good friend of mine has the Volvo and her parents have a Highlander she sold me on the fact that she prefers the Highlander. 

We started wanting a 4Runner, and looked at the Highlanders too, but they just weren't as exciting to us.  Plus, we're trying to only look at cars with all 5 stars for the crash test ratings, and I think the 4Runner and Highlander have at least one 4.  And we're not buying new bc of the off-gassing, so we don't have the giant sticker price of a new volvo or lexus.  we'll see, maybe we'll give it another look.  the volvo we're looking at is just so cozy and sexy.  i love it.  

• Options
    Just got a volvo XC90 in June and I love it.  Plenty of room and a 3rd row.  Only wish it was a tad more fuel efficient.
  • Options
    I vote Toyota Highlander.
  • Options
    we have a rav 4, we got it a few years ago before DS...i LOVE it...we do not have the 3rd row bc I wanted more cargo space and by time we will need that extra seating room, we will need a new car (5-6 yrs)
  • Options
    Just bought a Nissan Pathfinder. Third row, backup camera, Bluetooth and Bose! Love
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • Options

Acura MDX.  I have a slight crush on it. So nice to drive, comfortable ride, back up camera, built in dvd player - not that dd cares now, navigation, blue tooth, 3rd row seating, but we have never used it, the 2nd row is bench but the seat goes really far forward to get into the 3rd row. Plenty of room for dd's infant carrier.

My only complaint, it takes the expensive gas (but we rotate between expensive and cheap, yes we know its bad, but dh approved and he knows enough about it to know if its horrid for the car or not).  Did awesome last winter (not that we had a ton of snow in Chicago, but enough) and I was big and pregnant and felt super safe.

My other suggestion - the RDX, its just as nice but a bit smaller.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Used to have Jeep Cherokee LOVED it! Got a Lexus GX in March- LOVE it!  it has all the bells and whisltes and the 3rd row is great!
    Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mercury Mountaineer.  LOVE IT! 
  • Options
    I think i am going to look at that too tomorrow! So many choices. AHH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"