Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Oh boy night terrors are horrible

Last night we went grocery shopping ran into a friend and ended up being there way to late and LO went to sleep way past her bedtime. She has a cold as is and woke up at 10:00pm crying hysterically. I fianlly got her calm and layed her in bed with us. Once she drifted off I put her back in her crib. 11:30 wake hysterical again. This time DH got her and she stayed in bed with us throughout the nigth I would wake up to her wimpering in her sleep and three different times I woke up to her hysterical again. Eyes tight closed and just screaming to the point where she was gasping for breath. It broke my heart because I couldn't console her. Leasson learned: LO never stays up past bedtime
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Oh boy night terrors are horrible

• Options

We went through the same exact thing with Mason.  Ever since we started putting him to bed at an earlier time he stopped having them.  I actually was reading up on night terrors and that was one of the reasons that they happen.  If they are over tired when they go to sleep they are more likely to have them. 

I felt the same way as you did though.  He would just scream and scream with his eyes closed and there was no way to calm him down.  It's scary!

• Options

We had this happen once as well. It was horrible. She was crying, screaming and she just was looking past me, like she couldn't see me. Stuck in her scared state. Nothing I did soothed her or calmed her down and eventually I started crying too! It lasted an hour. We started putting her to bed earlier and we haven't had an issue since.

imageJen1231:

I actually was reading up on night terrors and that was one of the reasons that they happen.  If they are over tired when they go to sleep they are more likely to have them. 

This exactly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"