Baby Showers
Options

baby shower prizes...

I am hosting a baby shower for my very dear friend who is adopting. The shower is at the end of October and I have already decided on a really cute birdie theme and have the decor and invitations ordered. I have some games in mind but need some suggestions for prizes. I bought these really cute baskets at Pottery Barn and thought it would be cute to fill them and wrap them in the see through paper/plastic. Any ideas on what to fill the baskets with? 

Re: baby shower prizes...

• Options

I dont have any suggestions for the baskets other then make them something people will actually use.

I am doing gift cards for restaurants most likely. Smaller amounts. But we are also only doing 2 games.

• Options
    I don't know how many you need/your budget, but you can do small DD/Starbucks gift cards, individually wrapped biscotti and some type of candy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    stick with edibles and  you'll make everyone happy.  that said, I think a nice little yankee candle in vanilla is universally pleasing.  if the winner doesn't want it they surely will know someone who will.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    candy, cookies, teas/coffees, hot cocoa
  • Options
    I did something similar when I threw my sis a shower. I bought the little purse sized items from Bath and Body Works, like lotions, hand sanitizers and perfumes in the most popular scents. I also did small candles. It seemed to be a big hit to me!
  • Options
    I was going to suggest something edible as well.  The gift card idea is nice too but wouldn't fill a basket unless you have something you can put with the card...like a Starbucks card and some cookies, etc.
  • Options

imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    stick with edibles and  you'll make everyone happy.  that said, I think a nice little yankee candle in vanilla is universally pleasing.  if the winner doesn't want it they surely will know someone who will.

Edible is good, and usually fairly cheap. At my shower my hostess gave small bottles of champagne away - I have no idea if they were expensive or any good. 

I am a person who despises vanilla candles with all of my being - I would toss that candle immediately.  =)

• Options
    thanks for all of the suggestions- i was thinking about some "autumn" themed things like candles and possibly a little pumpkin with a carving kit since it's so close to Halloween. i love the Starbucks idea too, so might incorporate that somewhere. thanks again!
  • Options

I think it would be nice to fill it with some candles in "fall" scents, you could do a bottle of wine and two stemless wine glasses. You can usually get some nice basket fillers at Christmas Tree Shops and Home Goods.

you could even do a popcorn themed basket with kernels and some gourment popcorn spices, I know they sell them at Williams-Sonoma and Home Goods.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I come from a family with food alergies - we are giving everyone a purse size lotion from bath and body works at my cousin's shower this weekend
  • Options
    I would say either edibles or bath products.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bath & Body Works was having a great sale this weekend.  My mom got a few small body splashes with coordinating hand lotion... or a small candle with a body splash.  We chose scents that were very light.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"