Boston Babies
Options

Childcare on South Shore vs. City

We have a baby boy due Feb 1 2011 and are researching childcare options.  Daycares in Hingham appear not to open until 8A and we need to leave for work earlier than that. What kind of experiences have people had with nannies?  For just an infant will a nanny be willing to do some light housekeeping? I have been looking on sitter.com and care.com and I fear that a college grad won't have the patience for a newborn...any thoughts?

Also we have a good daycare option in the city but the idea of commuting every morning on the ferry with the baby is daunting. Any thoughts?

Re: Childcare on South Shore vs. City

• Options
    I don't really have any info. on nannies, but re: daycares - isn't there a Bright Horizons in Hingham?  I think they open at 7am (my DD used to attend one that opened at 7)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    My daughter goes to the Bright Horizons on 3a in Hingham (across from the shipyard) and we love it. Drop-off starts at 7am and pick-up is by 6pm. The teachers are wonderful and they have exceeded our expectations on a few different occasions already.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you don't mind - I am interested in Bright Horizons and was wondering what you pay there?

Thanks

• Options
    We were quoted 1470/month for 3 days/week. 2000 for 5 days/week for infant care
  • Options

My wife will be opening an in-home daycare in Braintree.  It will be opening the beginning of Feb!  I'm sure she can work something out about your drop-off time.  Shoot me a PM if you'd like more information :)  I'm sure she'd be more than happy to meet with you and tell you all about her licensure and credentials :)

Best,

Lily

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"