Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Men are just stupid sometimes. Irritated with DH.

Yesterday, my husband had his golf league after work.  And I had plans to meet up with a girlfriend after work.  It was already agreed that I would bring our daughter with me, so that's not the issue.

The issue is that AFTER golf, he stayed out with the guys for TWO hours, and didn't get home until 10pm.  PLUS, last Friday, he went out with the guys for happy hour after work and didn't say anything until after he got home!

I never go out with friends, (This particular friend lives in Turkey and is in the states for 10 days.), so for me to do something is really rare.  And it would have been nice for him to get home and help around the house instead of stay out for two hours just because I wasn't home, so why should he go home?

Because he didn't come home, there were no clean bottles this morning, the kitchen is a mess in general - - - dirty dishes in the sink, etc - - - and LO was out of peaches that we mix with yogurt for breakfast.

I was so ticked at him.  I said, "Nice of you to finally come home." 

I just don't get men sometimes.  They are such babies.  Like they are the only ones whose life has been turned upside down because of a baby; like they are the only ones who don't get to go out with friends anymore since having a baby.  I just get so sick of it sometimes.

Re: Men are just stupid sometimes. Irritated with DH.

• Options

I would be mad too.  He should have told you an estimated time on when he would be home or you should have told him, hey I need your help.  Sometimes you have to tell them exactly what you want from them.  I know that is the case with my DH anyway.

• Options
    imagevmm0016:

Sometimes you have to tell them exactly what you want from them.  I know that is the case with my DH anyway.

This is my DH too...he says he doesn't take hints, you just have to say exactly what you want or he won't know.  They just don't think like we do..and they never will.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DH is insanely helpful with everything.  Sometimes I think he might do MORE than me with the baby, housework, etc..

But this weekend I had a minor blow up at him about this issue.  He has a lot of hobbies and I just have a few.  But it seems like his hobbies are mandatory and mine are only IF I can make it. Meaning, if both of our things fall on the same night, it's a given that I will be missing mine and he will go to his.  Always.

This blow up happened on the way home from a wedding after I'd have a few drinks, which is sooo not the way to do it, and I wouldn't recommend that approach.  But I think he got the message.  Tomorrow night he'll be a little late to baseball so I can make it to yoga.  :-)

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Options
    imageslmcronelaw:
    imagevmm0016:

Sometimes you have to tell them exactly what you want from them.  I know that is the case with my DH anyway.

This is my DH too...he says he doesn't take hints, you just have to say exactly what you want or he won't know.  They just don't think like we do..and they never will.

Exactly. Sorry your DH is being such a putz. 

• Options

I agree with PP.  Lay it out there!  I know if I want my DH to do something...even something as small as wash bottles.  I have to tell him a time frame.

I have to say "hey can you do bottles, by 8 o'clock so I can get her diaper bag together. 

I seriously have to do that for EVERYTHING, or he will procrastinate until I just do it! 

Sorry Girl, whip him into shape!  LOL

• Options
    I agree. Men can be idiots. My husband always makes plans on the weekends, and it's usually to go over to my parents and help my dad build deer blinds. Ok, deer season isn't for another month and the blinds don't need to be worked on every single weekend. The days he's not gone doing something, my FIL always seems to be coming over and just hanging out. Literally. He'll sit in a chair outside and just watch DH work on his truck or clean the garage or something. It's so irritating. I can't tell you the last time DH and I have gone somewhere together. Hell, I can't tell you the last time I've gotten to go do something I wanted to do. I feel like DH just assumes I don't have plans and he just makes plans to do whatever. It's annoying.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't think it was necessary for your DH to be home if you weren't home, but I do think you should've told him that there were some things at the house that you needed him to do. I don't have a problem with my DH not being home if I'm not home, but I do expect him to get things done in a timely manner. If I needed clean bottles for the morning, then I'd tell him that I needed clean bottles for the morning and I expected him to clean them. Then, if by the morning, I didn't have clean bottles, I would be upset. I don't care what time he gets things done as long as they are done by the "deadline" time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"