Secondary IF

Exchange? Opinions?

So the IF board which I also frequent has done a lucky sock exchange. We went through elfster and had a $10 price limit. 

I have not got my package yet, but it was/is so much fun and distracted me from my waiting while taking provera. So I was wondering if this board would be interested if I organized something similar?

I was thinking everyone who wants to participate can, even our pregnant and new-mommy bumpies, cause we could all use a little luck, right? I do not want to do socks though. I think we should do something else, bracelet or necklace maybe? 

Anyway, reply and let me know if this is something you would like to do and what you think we should exchange. If I get a good enough response I will organize it. 

Thanks ladies!
Our Girls
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
AquinnahDori
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Re: Exchange? Opinions?

• I'd do it. I think a bracelet or necklace would be nice.
  • Interested although I am not exactly sure I fully understand it.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Lol let me see if I can explain it better...

I see who is interested and gather ideas, then I gather email addresses for those interested by X date. Then I go through a website called elfster and send everyone an invite to their email. 

Once everyone accepts, elfster randomly selects names and then your info. (name, address, etc) is only shared with the person who has your name. You can also anonymously ask your pick questions to get to know her likes/dislikes better. 

You then shop for your pick and by X date you mail it. You put your name (or bump name) in the package so when your pick gets it she knows who it is from. We then get our packages and post on the board and say thank you on the board and post a picture. 
    Our Girls
    AquinnahDori
  • I love the idea!!!!  I'm good with socks, jewelry, whatever!  Thanks so much for putting this out there h4m!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
  • I'm excited, I just hope more people want to participate. 
    Our Girls
    AquinnahDori
  • I would be in! Another idea to exchange would be a candle!
  • imagefirsttogo:
    I would be in! Another idea to exchange would be a candle!

I'm in! I like the candle idea too!

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hooray...so far there are 6 of us!  I like the candle idea too. Another idea could be a crystal or healing stone...like the kind you find at metaphysical or rock/gem stores.  Rarely are they ever more than $5 and each type of crystal is used for different types of healing.  Just putting it out there.  I am open to anything we decide to exchange!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
  • A candle would be nice too! I'm loving the ideas ladies! 

Personally I was thinking something that could be worn or put in pocket to bring us luck when us ladies are at appointments, or the pregnant ladies are at ob appointment, etc. We can decide that later though. 

I am thinking I will wait until Monday for people to tell me they are interested. On Monday I will start a poll to see what we should exchange and get emails. Sound good?

Our Girls
    AquinnahDori
  • This sounds like a lot of fun! I would join in :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It sounds like fun.  I love the idea of a bracelet or a necklace.  That would be a very neat good luck charm.  I think I would be interested.  I know etsy has some great options and I am going to a festival in a few weeks where they have crafts too.  As long as it is only 10 or 15 dollars, why not?

The candles while neat, would be difficult to mail, especially to those bumpies who are in the south, where it is hotter.  I just don't think they'd all make it to their bumpies in one piece.

Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"