Baby Showers
Options

Is it normal?

Is it normal for the host to expect the mom-to-be to find/plan all the invites, food, decorations, etc.? For whatever reason, the friend who is hosting mine seems to think it is my job...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is it normal?

• Options
    Definitely not.  As the mother to be, you are the guest of honor- the hosts may ask the guest of honor about any preferences, but they really shouldn't expect them to be involved in the planning.  The planning is completely the hostesses' job.  If your friend isn't doing any of that, then what exactly is she doing?  I think you need to gently remind her of the definition of a hostess.... tell her that you'd be happy to give any input she needs and help a little here or there, but it's up to her to plan and implement the party.  You may want to ask her again if she's up for it... she may have not really understood what being a hostess entails. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No. That is why you have someone else hosting. I would understand her wanting your input but for you to be doing all of the work is bit ridiculous.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just kindly tell her "oh not to worry I trust your opinion - you go ahead" She might be worried that she wants to be sure you like it all. My sister started with that I told her just a brief idea of likes/dislikes with colors and whatnot and told her to run with it. She emailed me a few ideas for invites/plates and that was it.
  • Options

No, it's not normal. What's the point in her hosting if she's not doing anything?!?! You are suppossed to sit back and relax.  Like pp said I would tell her that I trust her opinion, is there another friend that can co host with her to help her out?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"