Maryland Babies

Tuberculin test? Lead screening?

Anyone know when their child had their first tuberculin test or lead screening?  I just got the medical daycare paperwork back from my pedi (finally, after like 3 weeks) and they didn't fill anything in for those spots - is that because DS is too young to have those done, or did they forget?  

I called to ask but had to leave a message, but my DCP has been asking for these papers like everyday for a week, and I love to give them to her tonight and get it off my plate, ugh. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Search & Win
My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!

Re: Tuberculin test? Lead screening?

• I am not sure about the first one but I think they screen for lead at one year? But it may depend on your zip code.....my LO did not have to get his blood drawn for a lead test; my nephew did.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, you're fine. I think lead is 1 year (or maybe even 2) and I just know Sophia is almost a year and hasn't had a TB test. I'd turn it in today.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We just got our preschool papers filled out by the Dr, so I checked ours for you, and yes both screenings were done at 1 year. 

The Dr wrote "risk" next to the TB test negative box, I'm not sure what that's all about!!  I will have to find out when we go for our check up next month.

• Great!  Thank you, ladies!  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • We had a lead test at 1 year, haven't had a TB test yet and she is over 3. Oh wait, I am wrong - she actually did have a TB test because she had in infection in a lymph node of her neck when she was 2, so they tested for it then, but from my understanding, it sounded like it wasn't a standard test for all kids her age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD had her leading screening done at 9 month appointment. Unless they have a concern, i.e. house, peeling paint, they usually don't do the lead screening. At least that's what my pedi told me.

• We didn't have a lead test until the 3 and that was only b/c of preschool.  Our pedi has us fill out a form each visit and if we are potentially at risk then they would have tested.  I "think" they don't do it as often unless you are a high risk.  Preschools have you do it depending on zip code.
  • https://www.aacc.edu/cdc/file/Health%20Inventory%20Form%20II.pdf

The list at the bottom of this attachment says what zip codes need the lead test in Maryland.  We will need it at 12 mo and 24 mo.  DD does not require a TB test yet.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"